How do I limit guest account access to hard drive and admi..

July 7, 2005 1:58:02 AM

Im wondering how or if at all, that you can limit the guest account, so that
it cant access the hard drive at all. So pretty much only enable it to access
the programs I put on the desktop/star menu?

Also even when my admin account has a password protecting it, the guest
account can still access my documents through c:\documents and
settings\admin\my documents. Shouldnt this require a password??

Thanks
July 7, 2005 4:05:49 AM

Start with: http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/148/

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Stilldawn" <Stilldawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Im wondering how or if at all, that you can limit the guest account, so
> that
> it cant access the hard drive at all. So pretty much only enable it to
> access
> the programs I put on the desktop/star menu?
>
> Also even when my admin account has a password protecting it, the guest
> account can still access my documents through c:\documents and
> settings\admin\my documents. Shouldnt this require a password??
>
> Thanks

July 7, 2005 11:29:47 AM

"Stilldawn" <Stilldawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Im wondering how or if at all, that you can limit the guest account, so
> that
> it cant access the hard drive at all. So pretty much only enable it to
> access
> the programs I put on the desktop/star menu?
>
> Also even when my admin account has a password protecting it, the guest
> account can still access my documents through c:\documents and
> settings\admin\my documents. Shouldnt this require a password??
>
> Thanks

Why are you using the guest account in the first place? If you have "guests"
using your machine, create a Limited User account (call it "visitor" or
something) and disable the guest account.
!