Need Help I have problems with Microsoft Games

Hello, When ever i start up a Microsoft Game (AOM, Halo, or RON gold) my
computer is either restarted or crashed and restarted. I have searched
forums, FAQ's, and support pages and have tried many things to fix it. I
don't have any clue what is wrong with it. I have an ATI radeon 9600
videocard and a P4VT8+ motherboard

Any help will do. Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about need problems microsoft games

    Hi Greg,

    "Greg-Sirleftnut" <Greg-Sirleftnut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | Hello, When ever i start up a Microsoft Game (AOM, Halo, or RON gold) my
    | computer is either restarted or crashed and restarted. I have searched
    | forums, FAQ's, and support pages and have tried many things to fix it. I
    | don't have any clue what is wrong with it. I have an ATI radeon 9600
    | videocard and a P4VT8+ motherboard
    |
    | Any help will do. Thanks

    Your system is most likely restarting as a result of a STOP error.

    To stop this behavior go to Control Panel / System / Advanced /
    Click the Startup and Recovery Settings button / Uncheck the box
    labelled "Automatically restart" under the System Failure section.

    To analyze the error, try the steps in: http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

    If the error indicates a file name that begins with ati, or nv (nVidia)
    the most likely solution would be to install the latest drivers using
    the instructions at: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html#drivers

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Games Microsoft Video Games