Need Help I have problems with Microsoft Games

Last response: in Video Games
May 23, 2005 7:10:09 PM

Hello, When ever i start up a Microsoft Game (AOM, Halo, or RON gold) my
computer is either restarted or crashed and restarted. I have searched
forums, FAQ's, and support pages and have tried many things to fix it. I
don't have any clue what is wrong with it. I have an ATI radeon 9600
videocard and a P4VT8+ motherboard

Any help will do. Thanks
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 11:03:36 PM

Hi Greg,

"Greg-Sirleftnut" <Greg-Sirleftnut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hello, When ever i start up a Microsoft Game (AOM, Halo, or RON gold) my
| computer is either restarted or crashed and restarted. I have searched
| forums, FAQ's, and support pages and have tried many things to fix it. I
| don't have any clue what is wrong with it. I have an ATI radeon 9600
| videocard and a P4VT8+ motherboard
|
| Any help will do. Thanks

Your system is most likely restarting as a result of a STOP error.

To stop this behavior go to Control Panel / System / Advanced /
Click the Startup and Recovery Settings button / Uncheck the box
labelled "Automatically restart" under the System Failure section.

To analyze the error, try the steps in: http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

If the error indicates a file name that begins with ati, or nv (nVidia)
the most likely solution would be to install the latest drivers using
the instructions at: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html#drivers

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User