I need help for Santoonies adventure game "Zero": What do I do with
the advisor? Am I missing something, because on first play I just
found a couple of things to do without any of them changing something
(although now Lambert is following me...)

Bob

soenke_k@yahoo.com (Bob_Woodward) wrote in message news:<3e174d1e.0410120747.5f0dad43@posting.google.com>...
> I need help for Santoonies adventure game "Zero": What do I do with
> the advisor? Am I missing something, because on first play I just
> found a couple of things to do without any of them changing something
> (although now Lambert is following me...)
>
> Bob

Major Spoiler space filled with monkies:
monkey
monkey
monkey
monkey
monkey
monkey
monkey
monkey
monkey
monkey
monkey
monkey
ape
monkey
monkey
monkey
monkey
monkey
monkey
monkey
monkey
monkey

You can type 'help' in game for the following hint: You have to place
various items back in their original place. But the trick to get
other items to appear is to 'examine' each item after you place it in
it's proper place. If you get the message 'It glows' or 'It
glitters', then you've successfully activated the next item which you
can simply hunt for again in the small goblin lair. Unless you do
this the other items remain uninitiated and you could wander helpless
forever with Lambert of course.

Peter Lansford, Phd.
Betatester for Zero, The Tads game
petel.edu@sharkattacks.com
Studying the effects of shark attacks on coastal marine life.

>I need help for Santoonies adventure game "Zero".

If you're intent on playing a Santoonie game, you do indeed need help.

Andy

"Andy M" <andym789@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >I need help for Santoonies adventure game "Zero".
>
> If you're intent on playing a Santoonie game, you do indeed need help.

Unless, of course, you're a judge in this year's IF Comp, in which that
game is one of the entries.

Richard

> Major Spoiler space filled with monkies:
> monkey
> monkey
> monkey
> monkey
> monkey
> monkey
> monkey
> monkey
> monkey
> monkey
> monkey
> monkey
> ape
> monkey
> monkey
> monkey
> monkey
> monkey
> monkey
> monkey
> monkey
> monkey
>
> You can type 'help' in game for the following hint: You have to place
> various items back in their original place. But the trick to get
> other items to appear is to 'examine' each item after you place it in
> it's proper place. If you get the message 'It glows' or 'It
> glitters', then you've successfully activated the next item which you
> can simply hunt for again in the small goblin lair. Unless you do
> this the other items remain uninitiated and you could wander helpless
> forever with Lambert of course.

Thanks, that helped. But now I have another problem at the city of
murl, front gate. Any hints there?

So real Santoonie people do exist. Up to now I thought it was all an
elaborate hoax by some high schooler in his mom's basement. Now my working
theory is that it's all an elaborate sociological study by a group of
mischevious grad students. How else to explain such paragraphs as this,
from the Santoonie web site:

"Amissville was created directly for the amusement of the old Tilli Gang but
introduced to a society of interactive fiction goers who congregated in a
usenet group known as r.a.i.f. or rec.arts.interactive-fiction. The game did
not resemble anything that group had seen before and was introduced in a
rule breaking fashion and thus was shunned by most community leaders."

Suspiciously tongue-in-cheek, if you ask me.

Andy

"Peter Lansford" <petel.edu@sharkattacks.com> wrote in message
> Um... yeah. You probably have found your way through by now...lol,
> and are quite pleased I imagine. Um, I'm not to blame, I was climbing
> mountains with other santoonies, see the video!:
>
> http://www.santoonie.com/videos/campfest2004.wmv

I can't recall, what does "tongue and cheek" mean? Also, I'm afraid
to deslude you, but I'm the only grad student among them. I study
sharks.

Peter Lansford, Phd.
petel.edu@sharkattacks.com