Chulio

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2007
Hi
Great forum!!

I had nothing but trouble with this Laptop from day one.
I really like it though.

I originally had the power connector issue which was taken care of after sending me Battery, Power cord. Then they took it and fixed it.

Then my screen went black. if I played with the open/close switch I could get it on for a while.
I was going to order a backlight but was told it was the inverter.
I ordered it and it was not an exact peplacement.

It worked accept the bottom 1/8 of an inch.
I was so happy to have it working I used it that way for a year.
Now I would like to fix it correctly.

Could it have been the fact that it was not the exact replacement or is there a setting I need to change.

system-1.jpg

Que

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2005
Hi, if you can't change it with windows' display properties, or with another screen driver (hardware manager), and an external monitor on the vga port gives a normal picture, you probably got an inverter for another screensize, maybe 15"? If you do a google with the partnumbers of the old inverter and the one bought as a replacement, the specs should show up. You can try ebay with the exact partnumber for another inverter.

Chulio

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2007
I bet you are correct. I never thought of it but I watched a fight last week on another screen and it was fine.

I can not adjust it with settings or drivers as I tried all that.

When HP sent me the Inverter I questioned them because it was a little different but they said it was the correct universal replacement.
I even had to make it fit so to speak.

I will see if I can find the exact replacement.

It is really not that bad as I can see everything.
I just put the bottom blue taskbar up on top, or side so I can see it.
I never even knew you could do that until this happened.

Thank you very much