Software CDs will not run.

I have Windows XP Pro SP2. Some Program CDs will not run or execute. I have a
DVD-ROM, CD-ROM, and DVD_RW-ROM. The Program CDs will not run in any of them.
I am not getting any Error codes, The titles show up as being in the selected
Drive, I can access all of the files, but it wont run the set up or install
files. Discs worked fine prior to Upgrading to XP SP2. I tried the xp-fix and
the sp2-fix, but they did not correct the problem. Anyone have any ideas ?
Ihave tried to open them from Command.nt, still no luck.
--
Anthony M Bowers
2 answers Last reply

    just to clarify you can explore the cd ? so is it just autorun that isn't
    running ? if so just re-enable autorun
    --
    there are no problems, just challenges

    "AnthonyMB1" wrote:

    > I have Windows XP Pro SP2. Some Program CDs will not run or execute. I have a
    > DVD-ROM, CD-ROM, and DVD_RW-ROM. The Program CDs will not run in any of them.
    > I am not getting any Error codes, The titles show up as being in the selected
    > Drive, I can access all of the files, but it wont run the set up or install
    > files. Discs worked fine prior to Upgrading to XP SP2. I tried the xp-fix and
    > the sp2-fix, but they did not correct the problem. Anyone have any ideas ?
    > Ihave tried to open them from Command.nt, still no luck.
    > --
    > Anthony M Bowers

    It is on Auto Run. I have checked other Cds and they run fine, but some
    others wont even open. They did run prior to upgrading to SP2. At this point,
    Im thinking of wiping out XP and put back in 98SE. What is your opinion ?

    --
    Anthony M Bowers

    "steve" wrote:

    > just to clarify you can explore the cd ? so is it just autorun that isn't
    > running ? if so just re-enable autorun
    > --
    > there are no problems, just challenges
    >

    > "AnthonyMB1" wrote:
    >
    > > I have Windows XP Pro SP2. Some Program CDs will not run or execute. I have a
    > > DVD-ROM, CD-ROM, and DVD_RW-ROM. The Program CDs will not run in any of them.
    > > I am not getting any Error codes, The titles show up as being in the selected
    > > Drive, I can access all of the files, but it wont run the set up or install
    > > files. Discs worked fine prior to Upgrading to XP SP2. I tried the xp-fix and
    > > the sp2-fix, but they did not correct the problem. Anyone have any ideas ?
    > > Ihave tried to open them from Command.nt, still no luck.
    > > --
    > > Anthony M Bowers

Windows XP Software