Can't Delete Files From Recycle Bin on D: Drive

I use my D: drive exclusively as a backup. I would like for it to
keep a few items in case I delete something by accident, but I want to
be able to empty it. I can't figure out how to empty it.

It does not have the trashbox icon like the "Recycled" folder on my C:
drive. It does not have an "Empty Recycle Bin" in the File Menu
dropdown like the one on the C: drive. I have tried several times to
delete the items in it. They go away when deleted as expected by they
keep coming back. They are like zombies, you can't kill them -- they
keep coming back to life.

Can anybody help?

jim
5 answers Last reply
More about delete files recycle drive

    Try deleting them through C's recycle bin.

    "jim evans" wrote:

    > I use my D: drive exclusively as a backup. I would like for it to
    > keep a few items in case I delete something by accident, but I want to
    > be able to empty it. I can't figure out how to empty it.
    >
    > It does not have the trashbox icon like the "Recycled" folder on my C:
    > drive. It does not have an "Empty Recycle Bin" in the File Menu
    > dropdown like the one on the C: drive. I have tried several times to
    > delete the items in it. They go away when deleted as expected by they
    > keep coming back. They are like zombies, you can't kill them -- they
    > keep coming back to life.
    >
    > Can anybody help?
    >
    > jim

    On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 07:30:09 -0700, "Ryan"
    <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Try deleting them through C's recycle bin.

    How do I do that?

    jim

    I have the same problem. My camera has developed a "recycled" folder and I
    can't get rid of it. Did you ever figure out how to do it?

    "jim evans" wrote:

    > I use my D: drive exclusively as a backup. I would like for it to
    > keep a few items in case I delete something by accident, but I want to
    > be able to empty it. I can't figure out how to empty it.
    >
    > It does not have the trashbox icon like the "Recycled" folder on my C:
    > drive. It does not have an "Empty Recycle Bin" in the File Menu
    > dropdown like the one on the C: drive. I have tried several times to
    > delete the items in it. They go away when deleted as expected by they
    > keep coming back. They are like zombies, you can't kill them -- they
    > keep coming back to life.
    >
    > Can anybody help?
    >
    > jim

  4. try with total commander..worked for me :bounce: Total Comander

    "jim evans" wrote:

    > I use my D: drive exclusively as a backup. I would like for it to
    > keep a few items in case I delete something by accident, but I want to
    > be able to empty it. I can't figure out how to empty it.
    >
    > It does not have the trashbox icon like the "Recycled" folder on my C:
    > drive. It does not have an "Empty Recycle Bin" in the File Menu
    > dropdown like the one on the C: drive. I have tried several times to
    > delete the items in it. They go away when deleted as expected by they
    > keep coming back. They are like zombies, you can't kill them -- they
    > keep coming back to life.
    >
    > Can anybody help?
    >
    > jim

    It can be done through command line.

    Open a command window. Browse to the D: drive
    Browse to .Trash-999
    remove the files and directories

Windows XP