Can't Delete Files From Recycle Bin on D: Drive

July 7, 2005 4:51:28 AM

I use my D: drive exclusively as a backup. I would like for it to
keep a few items in case I delete something by accident, but I want to
be able to empty it. I can't figure out how to empty it.

It does not have the trashbox icon like the "Recycled" folder on my C:
drive. It does not have an "Empty Recycle Bin" in the File Menu
dropdown like the one on the C: drive. I have tried several times to
delete the items in it. They go away when deleted as expected by they
keep coming back. They are like zombies, you can't kill them -- they
keep coming back to life.

Can anybody help?

jim
July 7, 2005 11:30:09 AM

Try deleting them through C's recycle bin.

"jim evans" wrote:

> I use my D: drive exclusively as a backup. I would like for it to
> keep a few items in case I delete something by accident, but I want to
> be able to empty it. I can't figure out how to empty it.
>
> It does not have the trashbox icon like the "Recycled" folder on my C:
> drive. It does not have an "Empty Recycle Bin" in the File Menu
> dropdown like the one on the C: drive. I have tried several times to
> delete the items in it. They go away when deleted as expected by they
> keep coming back. They are like zombies, you can't kill them -- they
> keep coming back to life.
>
> Can anybody help?
>
> jim

Anonymous
July 7, 2005 9:12:37 PM

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 07:30:09 -0700, "Ryan"
<Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Try deleting them through C's recycle bin.

How do I do that?

jim
Related resources
August 21, 2005 2:43:02 PM

I have the same problem. My camera has developed a "recycled" folder and I
can't get rid of it. Did you ever figure out how to do it?

"jim evans" wrote:

> I use my D: drive exclusively as a backup. I would like for it to
> keep a few items in case I delete something by accident, but I want to
> be able to empty it. I can't figure out how to empty it.
>
> It does not have the trashbox icon like the "Recycled" folder on my C:
> drive. It does not have an "Empty Recycle Bin" in the File Menu
> dropdown like the one on the C: drive. I have tried several times to
> delete the items in it. They go away when deleted as expected by they
> keep coming back. They are like zombies, you can't kill them -- they
> keep coming back to life.
>
> Can anybody help?
>
> jim

Anonymous
June 19, 2009 7:48:10 PM

try with total commander..worked for me :bounce:  Total Comander
April 13, 2011 6:54:51 PM

"jim evans" wrote:

> I use my D: drive exclusively as a backup. I would like for it to
> keep a few items in case I delete something by accident, but I want to
> be able to empty it. I can't figure out how to empty it.
>
> It does not have the trashbox icon like the "Recycled" folder on my C:
> drive. It does not have an "Empty Recycle Bin" in the File Menu
> dropdown like the one on the C: drive. I have tried several times to
> delete the items in it. They go away when deleted as expected by they
> keep coming back. They are like zombies, you can't kill them -- they
> keep coming back to life.
>
> Can anybody help?
>
> jim

It can be done through command line.

Open a command window. Browse to the D: drive
Browse to .Trash-999
remove the files and directories
!