Cannot Type in Username In XP

Hi All,

I am having problem when accessing my XP machine at home. When I connect to
another XP machine (my network is in workgroup) by typing \\machinename, the
dialogue pop up with the username field grey out and i cannot type in the
username. I can only type in the password. the username field is with
machinename\guest with grey out which i cannot change. I try to enable the
guest account on both of my machine but is useless. So how can I manage to
type in the username and password when I connect to another XP machine and
access the file inside? Hope someone can help me.

Thank you

Eng

Disable Simple File sharing.

How to configure file sharing in Windows XP:

Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Eng" <Eng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I am having problem when accessing my XP machine at home. When I connect
> another XP machine (my network is in workgroup) by typing \\machinename,
> the
> dialogue pop up with the username field grey out and i cannot type in the
> username. I can only type in the password. the username field is with
> machinename\guest with grey out which i cannot change. I try to enable the
> guest account on both of my machine but is useless. So how can I manage to
> type in the username and password when I connect to another XP machine and
> access the file inside? Hope someone can help me.
>
> Thank you
>
> Eng

TRENDING THREADS