personalized interactivity

I was just doing a search around the net on personalized games. there
aren't many. One I found was at www.ustargames.com. they apparently
sell kids stories and have put the player's photo into the game. this
I would think would be one way that game play could possibilty go in
the near future. The player is the character in the game. the
possibilities for this could be exciting.

check out what you think f the concept at www.ustargames.com i
thought it was a greart idea.

peace

This sort of thing has been available for quite a long time; most games
are user-skinnable, whether by design or by a pretty simple hack. Few
people would be excited about just pasting their head onto some game
character's body at this point in time, and it's really little more
than a gimmic; the point of a game is the plot and/or the challenge,
not the extra bits.

I recall some console company, either Nintendo or Sega, had a "we'll
put you in our next game" promotion at one point. The picture of the
kid's face pasted onto some sort of gun-toting demon was stupid-enough
looking to get absolutely *none* of my video-game obsessed childhood
friends to take an interest in it.

Looking at the site, the graphics are pretty bad. It's clearly a
cartoon body with a photo head pasted on; I don't think most kids would
be all that interested.

Poster

There's a reason for this. It's just odd, psychologically-speaking, to
be controlling yourself in a video game. Sure, it's fun to pretend that
you are the character, or to live virtuously through one or more
characters, but the separation between self and avatar is what makes the
game distant enough from real life to be enjoyable.

~Poster

funnyboy wrote:
> I was just doing a search around the net on personalized games. there
> aren't many. One I found was at www.ustargames.com. they apparently
> sell kids stories and have put the player's photo into the game. this
> I would think would be one way that game play could possibilty go in
> the near future. The player is the character in the game. the
> possibilities for this could be exciting.
>
> check out what you think f the concept at www.ustargames.com i
> thought it was a greart idea.
>
> peace

TRENDING THREADS