Removing Company Name from Profile

When I first bought the computer I entered a company name in the user
profile. Now it appears in the properties of every new file I create in Word,
Excel, etc. How do I remove it?
1 answer Last reply
More about removing company profile

    Office copies it.

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Common\UserInfo

    Adjust your version to whatever it is. 9 is 2000, 8 is 87, 10 is XP and 11 is 2003.

    Tools - Options - User Information will let you change it.
    "Tom Stewart" <TomStewart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:227C4C5C-D56B-4800-9FFD-1738DE7803FC@microsoft.com...
    > When I first bought the computer I entered a company name in the user
    > profile. Now it appears in the properties of every new file I create in Word,
    > Excel, etc. How do I remove it?

Computers Microsoft Windows XP