%USERPROFILE%favorites missing

What is this? How do I get it back. I have no favorites in Internet Explorer
and when I try to install Microsoft Anti-Spyware I get the following error
message.

Error 1606. Could not access network location.

IE 6 blocks many pages that I need to view

Help!

Running XP Pro, Comcast Cable, 2.25GHtz Intel P 4, 512 meg Ram

Internet Explorer Favorites are missing/empty
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#favorites

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes