MPEG-4 v2 codec installed with XP by default?

Is the MP42 (MPEG-4 version 2) codec installed with W2K and XP by default?

I have it on my PC, but did not specifically download it from anywhere. Or
could it be installed when you install Real Player or Windows Media Player?

Tx

Adrian
1 answer Last reply
More about mpeg codec installed default

    "Adrian" <adystrash@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Is the MP42 (MPEG-4 version 2) codec installed with W2K and XP by default?
    >
    > I have it on my PC, but did not specifically download it from anywhere. Or
    > could it be installed when you install Real Player or Windows Media
    > Player?

    Don't think so. I don't have it.

    ss.

Default MPEG Codec Windows XP