MPEG-4 v2 codec installed with XP by default?

July 7, 2005 7:18:47 PM

Is the MP42 (MPEG-4 version 2) codec installed with W2K and XP by default?

I have it on my PC, but did not specifically download it from anywhere. Or
could it be installed when you install Real Player or Windows Media Player?

Tx

Adrian
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 7:18:48 PM

"Adrian" <adystrash@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is the MP42 (MPEG-4 version 2) codec installed with W2K and XP by default?
>
> I have it on my PC, but did not specifically download it from anywhere. Or
> could it be installed when you install Real Player or Windows Media
> Player?

Don't think so. I don't have it.

ss.
!