MPEG-4 v2 codec installed with XP by default?

adrian

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2001

Is the MP42 (MPEG-4 version 2) codec installed with W2K and XP by default?

I have it on my PC, but did not specifically download it from anywhere. Or
could it be installed when you install Real Player or Windows Media Player?

Tx

Adrian

"Adrian" <adystrash@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is the MP42 (MPEG-4 version 2) codec installed with W2K and XP by default?
>
> I have it on my PC, but did not specifically download it from anywhere. Or
> could it be installed when you install Real Player or Windows Media
> Player?

Don't think so. I don't have it.

ss.