If this game exists, what's it called?

I'm remembering a film where a kidded played a text adventure game. I want
to say the movie was Big or some other movie with Tom Hanks but I can't be
sure. I remember the game was a text adventure with graphics at the top
and the kid was trying to kill the ice wizard or ice something. In my head
the game has CGA grahpics - two or three colors. By the end of the film he
figures it out and was able to finish the game. Does this game actually
exist or was it made up for Hollywood? If it does exist, any idea what
it's called?
3 answers Last reply
More about game exists what called
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    I remember it. I'm totally sure the movie was Big. No idea about the IF,
    though.

    Whatever wrote:
    > I'm remembering a film where a kidded played a text adventure game. I want
    > to say the movie was Big or some other movie with Tom Hanks but I can't be
    > sure. I remember the game was a text adventure with graphics at the top
    > and the kid was trying to kill the ice wizard or ice something. In my head
    > the game has CGA grahpics - two or three colors. By the end of the film he
    > figures it out and was able to finish the game. Does this game actually
    > exist or was it made up for Hollywood? If it does exist, any idea what
    > it's called?
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    But wait, maybe here we are:

    take a look at this:
    http://www.killermovies.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-3794

    and the at this:
    http://www.wurb.com/if/game/644

    I hope this helps you, really.

    Whatever wrote:
    > I'm remembering a film where a kidded played a text adventure game. I want
    > to say the movie was Big or some other movie with Tom Hanks but I can't be
    > sure. I remember the game was a text adventure with graphics at the top
    > and the kid was trying to kill the ice wizard or ice something. In my head
    > the game has CGA grahpics - two or three colors. By the end of the film he
    > figures it out and was able to finish the game. Does this game actually
    > exist or was it made up for Hollywood? If it does exist, any idea what
    > it's called?
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    Here, Luca <morpheo77@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > Whatever wrote:
    > > I'm remembering a film where a kidded played a text adventure game. I want
    > > to say the movie was Big or some other movie with Tom Hanks but I can't be
    > > sure. I remember the game was a text adventure with graphics at the top
    > > and the kid was trying to kill the ice wizard or ice something. In my head
    > > the game has CGA grahpics - two or three colors. By the end of the film he
    > > figures it out and was able to finish the game. Does this game actually
    > > exist or was it made up for Hollywood?

    > But wait, maybe here we are:
    >
    > take a look at this:
    > http://www.killermovies.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-3794
    >
    > and the at this:
    > http://www.wurb.com/if/game/644

    No, it was not _The Wizard and the Princess_. It was not a real game
    at all.

    --Z

    *

Movies Games Video Games