windows xp remote desktop hang

July 7, 2005 10:41:24 AM

I have a problem with remote desktop. When I login remotely, the remote
desktop shows the background and then no longer continues to load the
desktop any further. Subsequent remote logins provide the same result.
When at the actual console of the computer after having this problem, I
can login, but I am prompted for my password a twice in a row, then I
can login successfully. This problem does not happen after a fresh
reboot but appears after some undetermined amount of time. Any Ideas?

Thanks
-Dwight
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 10:12:22 AM

If anyone cares, any secure attention sequence fixes this. i.e.
Remote desktops equivilent of control alt delete is control alt end.

-dwight
http://logical4.com
August 1, 2008 12:22:41 PM

im having a similar problem with a windows 2003 server. my server is running Surround. this box has been running for over a year now and suddenly, it just wont let remote desktop into it from any box. did anyone find anything on this issue?

installguy
http://www.classyselection.com
!