Harddrive won't load...

ironhell

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2002
Hi,

I am running WinXP and I currently have an 80 gig HD on my primary IDE as the Master and a 200 gig as the slave. On my secondare IDE I have my CDRW + dvd drive. I also have a controller card where I have my THIRD harddrive, a 200 gig. Lately, I have been having problems with my third harddrive/controller card. It would randomly stop opearting on me (as in Windows would stop recognizing it all of a sudden, this happens both on boot up and when the computer has been up and running for a while.) Basically I would go to "My Computer" and my G drive (my third harddrive) would disappear. Somtimes I would reboot and it it would show up again. Right now, I booted up and it's not there. I checked my Device Manager and everything seems fine... any suggestions? Thanks.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Sounds like a problem with the card, try pulling it out and pushing it all the way in again.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>