Removing programs from certain lists...

stan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In my msconfig i have some programs that are still listed in the startup but
are no longer installed, how do i go about getting rid of them?

I have the same problem with the add/remove programs, some programs are no
longer installed but are still listed that they are installed and have the
option to remove them(which doesn't work because it just gives me an error
and leaves it there).

Thanks in advance!

go here...

Read instructions at the top.
Scroll down to:
148. Right hand side.
Click on:
Clear Disabled Items from Msconfig Startup
-----

Clean-up the MSCONFIG startup tab listings - Windows XP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/MSCONFIG.htm

Disabled items are in >>>

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupfolder
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg
-----

How to Manually Remove Programs from the Add or Remove Programs Tool
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314481

Remove invalid entries in Add/Remove Programs
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/AddRemove.htm

Lots of info on Add or Remove Programs here
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm#addremove

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes