IP Address being blocked at site

My IP address is being blocked from a site I visit on a regular basis. They
have confirmed that it is not on their list, so I'm wondering if anyone has
any idea what I can look at on my pc, or ask their staff to look at. (They
are not the most technologically skilled folks, if you know what I mean.)

When I change the IP address on my pc, I am able to get in. When I change
it back, nothing.

Thank you.

How are you able to change the IP address on your machine? Most ISPs
provide you with a IP which you normally have no control over?

--
George Hester
_______________________________

Emilyinnv wrote:

> My IP address is being blocked from a site I visit on a regular basis. They
> have confirmed that it is not on their list, so I'm wondering if anyone has
> any idea what I can look at on my pc, or ask their staff to look at. (They
> are not the most technologically skilled folks, if you know what I mean.)
>
> When I change the IP address on my pc, I am able to get in. When I change
> it back, nothing.
>
> Thank you.

It would appear that the current IP address in the computer
is the wrong one or it has been blocked at the server (ISP)
end. Perhaps the changed IP address is the proper one but it
would be best to verify it with the System Administrator.

"Emilyinnv" <Emilyinnv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My IP address is being blocked from a site I visit on a regular basis.
They
> have confirmed that it is not on their list, so I'm wondering if anyone
has
> any idea what I can look at on my pc, or ask their staff to look at.
(They
> are not the most technologically skilled folks, if you know what I mean.)
>
> When I change the IP address on my pc, I am able to get in. When I change
> it back, nothing.
>
> Thank you.

Bring up a command window.
enter tracert destination_ip_address

it will give you each hop as it goes. You can see which one it gets
blocked at. Not very fancy, but often all that you need !!

mikey