[IFComp] The End of Voting is Nigh

Just as a reminder, the voting period for IF Comp 2004 is coming to a
close. The voting page (http://ifcomp.org/vote/) will be turned off
at 11:59pm EST 15th Nov, which works out to 0459 GMT 16th Nov if I
did my sums right.

Any ballots that you decide to email must be received by that time.
Not that any of our excellent judges would consider it, but the Date
email header is easy to forge and will not be used as the basis of
the vote cut-off. Votes should be emailed to vote@ifcomp.org and,
if you're worried about email delays, send them early.

You can either send the output of Lucian Smith's Comp04.z5
pseudo-game, or you can make up a text file with all your votes.

Either way, please avoid emailing the votes as an attachment.
Although I don't anticipate any problems with attachments, you never
know what spam filtering software might do. And please, please
put the word 'VOTE' in all uppercase on the subject line.

In summary:
Vote on the website: http://ifcomp.org/vote/
Or vote via email: vote@ifcomp.org (subject: VOTE)

And thank you for participating in this year's Interactive Fiction
competition.

-markm

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 15:46:47 GMT, Mark J Musante scrawled:

> Just as a reminder, the voting period for IF Comp 2004 is coming to a
> close. The voting page (http://ifcomp.org/vote/) will be turned off
> at 11:59pm EST 15th Nov, which works out to 0459 GMT 16th Nov if I
> did my sums right.

/me starts nibbling nails.

--
http://www.rexx.co.uk

To email me, visit the site.

"Rexx Magnus" <trashcan@uk2.net> wrote in message

> /me starts nibbling nails.

I'm sure you aren't the only one. I've kind of given up stressing about the
results at this point. Now, I'm just working to get all my reviews formatted
and put online by the deadline (so I can be one of the many to immediately
post a link to reviews).

Can you believe it...? Four days from now, the results will have been
announced, and the discussion will begin! The winners can gloat, the losers
can grumble, and prize-picking can begin!

---- Sidney Merk

"Sidney Merk" <sid-ney-merk@hot-mail.com (remove dashes)> wrote in message

> Can you believe it...? Four days from now, the results will have been
> announced, and the discussion will begin! The winners can gloat, the
> losers can grumble, and prize-picking can begin!
>
> ---- Sidney Merk

Is that when they're announced or just the deadline for when the votes have
to be in?

"David Whyld" <me@dwhyld.plus.com> wrote in message

> Is that when they're announced or just the deadline for when the votes
> have to be in?

I'm pretty sure there isn't much of a delay between the end of judging and
the announcement of scores. So, I figure that by noon on the 16th, the
results might be posted. I'm going to do a Google search and see if I can
find out when they were posted in past competition. :)

---- Sidney Merk

I just did a search and it was the 16th last year. So you were right.

Just 4 days and I'll know if people liked or loathed my game. :)