Laptop Decision - Raised Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmacdonald

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
1. What is your budget?
$800

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Around 15" Give or take 2" because I don't know too much about the size of laptops in general.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Around 1680x1200 but I'm not too picky.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable but anything should be fine really, as long as I'm not carrying a 'tank' around.

5. How much battery life do you need?
Around 2 hours but the more the better

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Soldier of Fortune 2 Gold - Medium and Maybe CoD4 but that's not a necessity.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)
Surf the web, play music, photo/video editing, website management, some video and photo editing, etc... (Computer Engineer Major next year)

8. How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
Around 320GB

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
Newegg.com / TigerDirect.com / Provantage.com but I'll buy from the companies themselves and most other places

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4 Years

11. If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.
This college will be used throughout 4 years of college.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I don't have any specific brands that I like or dislike in the laptop world.

13. What country do you live in?
United States

MomoCC

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
What do you think of this HP?

http://h71016.www7.hp.com/MiddleFrame.asp?page=config&ProductLineId=557&FamilyId=2643&BaseId=29976&oi=E9CED&BEID=19701&SBLID=

Hard disk a bit small though. You can also consider this Dell Studio 15:

http://www.dell.com/content/products/RBIredirect.aspx?rbi=EESJuqJJunKzV5pVrEFOw3wYxiHXb2uK9L/JIV67WOU3UkEJeYpQS9tWl0gNmEwJPO/YTz3P9Fvj6GGk/2Kz0h0b/8IFotK/HaluFOBAi6fQPXDVQAWIZgl3tpXnMqXZGHEI5IuFBTZhaFS1Tqc+hXXc8MQN+lomKoSn4i74W4o=

Just change the video card into the 512MB ATI Radeon Mobility.

Status
Not open for further replies.