browny

stupid internet! a was browsing on google then something interesting came up
so i clicked it, (oh the horror!) 403 forbidden (wtf) any ideas on how 2 slip
past it?

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

"Browny" <Browny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> stupid internet! a was browsing on google then something interesting came
> up
> so i clicked it, (oh the horror!) 403 forbidden (wtf) any ideas on how 2
> slip
> past it?

Dewd, wuts the url?

HTTP Error 403 Forbidden Explained
http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E403.html

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:396A3153-9B0B-4A24-A4FB-3CFCB8BA03EC@microsoft.com,
Browny <Browny@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> stupid internet! a was browsing on google then something interesting came
> up so i clicked it, (oh the horror!) 403 forbidden (wtf) any ideas on how
> 2 slip past it?

If you try to browse a folder and it doesn't have a default page that is the
error you SHOULD get if the Web Master knows what they are doing.

--
George Hester
_______________________________
"Browny" <Browny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> stupid internet! a was browsing on google then something interesting came
up
> so i clicked it, (oh the horror!) 403 forbidden (wtf) any ideas on how 2
slip
> past it?

Hi

That message would suggest that you need a username/password to access the
site. You can't 'slip' past it.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Browny" <Browny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> stupid internet! a was browsing on google then something interesting came
> up
> so i clicked it, (oh the horror!) 403 forbidden (wtf) any ideas on how 2
> slip
> past it?

"Browny" <Browny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> stupid internet! a was browsing on google then something interesting came
> up
> so i clicked it, (oh the horror!) 403 forbidden (wtf) any ideas on how 2
> slip
> past it?

It seems to be a secure page not for general consumption. You can't (unless
it is a pay site and you pay to see those pics). Some pages on sites just
aren't for public consumption.

aba001008

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011
I was trying to do windows update and 403 error comes up it didn't happen to my other wxp why and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.