PC Keeps Restarting..

Hey,
Having a problem with my pc. Sometimes when i quit an application a
blue screen pops up and my pc restarts. The screen only appear for a
split second so i cant read what it says. I change my ram but i still
hve problem.

Any help appreciated. Thx

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-PC-Restarting-ftopict554118.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1759101
3 answers Last reply
More about restarting

    Hi

    Have a look in the Event Viewer for any 'Errors'. If you do find any, could
    you please post the Event ID and Source?

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "DAMD" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > Hey,
    > Having a problem with my pc. Sometimes when i quit an application a
    > blue screen pops up and my pc restarts. The screen only appear for a
    > split second so i cant read what it says. I change my ram but i still
    > hve problem.
    >
    > Any help appreciated. Thx

    > request
    > Topic URL:
    > http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-PC-Restarting-ftopict554118.html

    Alternatively right click on My Computer, select
    Properties and then the Advanced tab. Click on Settings under Startup and
    Recovery and disable 'Automatically restart'. Next time your PC reboots,
    you should see a Blue Screen. Could you please post the Stop Code from the
    BSOD?

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "DAMD" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > Hey,
    > Having a problem with my pc. Sometimes when i quit an application a
    > blue screen pops up and my pc restarts. The screen only appear for a
    > split second so i cant read what it says. I change my ram but i still
    > hve problem.
    >
    > Any help appreciated. Thx

    > request
    > Topic URL:
    > http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-PC-Restarting-ftopict554118.html

    Open control panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer

    look here if you get any clue.

    when a system failure is encountered the system automatically restarts.
    To prevent the system from automatically restarting:

    Right click [My Computer] click [Properties] and select [Advanced] tab.
    Click the [Settings] button in the [Startup and Recovery] section.
    Remove the checkmark from [Automatically Restart] in [System Failure]
    section.

    Pay particular attention to these messages as they may provide valuable
    clues to shutdown issues.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    DAMD wrote:
    > Hey,
    > Having a problem with my pc. Sometimes when i quit an application a
    > blue screen pops up and my pc restarts. The screen only appear for a
    > split second so i cant read what it says. I change my ram but i still
    > hve problem.
    >
    > Any help appreciated. Thx

Blue Screen Microsoft Windows XP