Al

Truly meant for helping Windows users keep their PCs clean from it,
considering the going ons of the past few days, it doesn't seem so? One
image shows where the AS prgoram is set (by default) to ignore Claria
spyware (once known as gator)

http://netrn.net/spywareblog/archives/2005/07/01/microsoft-antispyware-ignores-claria/

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/65205

" Microsoft and Claria
Dumbest PR move of the year award

Spyware Warrior has a good rundown of industry reaction to Microsoft's
decision to tone down its detection of Claria adware - just as rumors emerge
that it could be a Microsoft Acquisition target. A dead-on comment by author
Ed Bott: "The only way it makes sense is if Microsoft buys the company,
fires everyone involved with it, has their buildings exorcised, and rewrites
every line of code in their product."

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/65153

"Microsoft Downgrades Claria Adware Detection
Amidst rumors they might buy the company

Posted on 2005-07-02 03:30:12

Spyware researcher Eric Howes stops by our Security forum to point out that
Microsoft has downgraded its detection of Claria spyware in its latest
anti-spyware version update (#5731). This of course comes the same week
rumors began to emerge that the company might be buying the adware company
once known as Gator."

Al wrote:
> Truly meant for helping Windows users keep their PCs clean from it,
> considering the going ons of the past few days, it doesn't seem so?
> One image shows where the AS prgoram is set (by default) to ignore
> Claria spyware (once known as gator)
>
> http://netrn.net/spywareblog/archives/2005/07/01/microsoft-antispyware-ignores-claria/
>
> http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/65205
>
> " Microsoft and Claria
> Dumbest PR move of the year award
>
> Spyware Warrior has a good rundown of industry reaction to Microsoft's
> decision to tone down its detection of Claria adware - just as rumors
> emerge that it could be a Microsoft Acquisition target. A dead-on
> comment by author Ed Bott: "The only way it makes sense is if
> Microsoft buys the company, fires everyone involved with it, has
> their buildings exorcised, and rewrites every line of code in their
> product."
> http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/65153
>

> "Microsoft Downgrades Claria Adware Detection
> Amidst rumors they might buy the company
>
> Posted on 2005-07-02 03:30:12
>
> Spyware researcher Eric Howes stops by our Security forum to point
> out that Microsoft has downgraded its detection of Claria spyware in
> its latest anti-spyware version update (#5731). This of course comes
> the same week rumors began to emerge that the company might be buying
> the adware company once known as Gator."

Old News!

http://www.kurttrail.com/kblog/kblogarch/00000048.php

--
Peace!
Kurt

Alias

> Al wrote:
>> Truly meant for helping Windows users keep their PCs clean from it,
>> considering the going ons of the past few days, it doesn't seem so?
>> One image shows where the AS prgoram is set (by default) to ignore
>> Claria spyware (once known as gator)
>>
>> http://netrn.net/spywareblog/archives/2005/07/01/microsoft-antispyware-ignores-claria/
>>
>> http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/65205
>>
>> " Microsoft and Claria
>> Dumbest PR move of the year award
>>
>> Spyware Warrior has a good rundown of industry reaction to Microsoft's
>> decision to tone down its detection of Claria adware - just as rumors
>> emerge that it could be a Microsoft Acquisition target. A dead-on
>> comment by author Ed Bott: "The only way it makes sense is if
>> Microsoft buys the company, fires everyone involved with it, has
>> their buildings exorcised, and rewrites every line of code in their
>> product."
>> http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/65153
>>

>> "Microsoft Downgrades Claria Adware Detection
>> Amidst rumors they might buy the company
>>
>> Posted on 2005-07-02 03:30:12
>>
>> Spyware researcher Eric Howes stops by our Security forum to point
>> out that Microsoft has downgraded its detection of Claria spyware in
>> its latest anti-spyware version update (#5731). This of course comes
>> the same week rumors began to emerge that the company might be buying
>> the adware company once known as Gator."
>
> Old News!
>
> http://www.kurttrail.com/kblog/kblogarch/00000048.php
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt

But worth repeating!
--
Alias

Alias wrote:

> But worth repeating!

LOL!! MS is keeping more tabs on its customers than most spyware
companies. Anyone that doesn't know that by now, has their head up
their own ass.