Garrett

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

They must be. The (802.11g combo) Wireless base MN700
and the adapter on my HP Pavilion laptop - MN720 - have
been performing flawlessly for a solid week.

Yesterday, I lost the signal. It came back after I
rebooted, but then went away again, and I haven't seen it
since.

You're asking me: what changed, what did you install,
turn on, muck with?

I moved the mouse around, clicked through a few MSNBC
pages. That's it.

This Pavilion has the AMD chip. It's a refirb machine.
I love the machine. But I'm beginning to suspect it
somehow. (apart from the aliens)

Ideas?

Ps. I've been through tshooting the radio signal
(2.4GHtz phone -out, channel changed to #1., upgraded to
802.11G)

thx

Could be the prelude to an alien invasion...

More seriously, make sure the 700 and 720 are on the same
channel, and **SSID broadcasts are enabled**. Sometimes
helps to assign a static IP to the 720 (e.g. 192.168.2.2,
mask 255.255.255.0, DNS and gateway 192.168.2.1 -- you'll
also have to change the DHCP range to start at 192.168.2.3
on the LAN screen of the router).

Changing the location or position of the base station may
also help -- setting the base station vertical and away
from walls helps. These wifi devices are just like old time
radio -- you have to move them around to improve reception.