Sign in with
Your question

Samsung 26" LCD as my PC monitor - Questions

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 7, 2007 3:49:25 PM

Well, I decided it was time to get a new monitor. After weighing my options, I decided to go for the:

Samsung LNS2651D 26" LCD HDTV

Now, I'm REALLY picky about my displays...I've been using CRTs all my life. I had my doubts, but using a LCD TV as a monitor is actually a awesome choice. The picture is really good. It does great with gradients, and resolutions at and under it's max of 1360x768 are pretty sharp in games.

Now...my 2 questions are:

1)In some fastpaced games, like UT2004, there is some blurring/ghosting. Nothing that makes the game unplayable mind you, but just enough to be noticed. Do you think using a HDMI to DVI cable would help...not just in games, but overall? (my pc is currently hooked up with a VGA and I have a 8800gts 640meg BFG card).

2)The manual for the TV says that I shouldn't use a HDMI to DVI cable to hook up a PC. I read all over the web that ppl have been using these cables to hook up their PCs and have had no problems. Anyone know the reason why Samsung says this?

I wanna get the best picture possible...I can stick with VGA if I have too....honiestly...the picture is damn near perfect already...but going all digital would be best.
a b C Monitor
March 7, 2007 5:16:16 PM

>Do you think using a HDMI to DVI cable would help...not just in games, but overall?
Doubt it would, but you could try.
!