Cannot view pictures on web site.

I am having trouble viewing JPG and GIF files on a particular web site
(Expedia). I looked on the page for any description of possible issue with
pictures and nothing. It does not make any sense why just these file
extensions are not working on this site.

Any ideas?

In news:AD4DFD26-9E23-49DE-A649-D6242A646435@microsoft.com,
David Langschied <DavidLangschied@discussions.microsoft.com>
typed:

> I am having trouble viewing JPG and GIF files on a particular
> web site
> (Expedia). I looked on the page for any description of
> possible
> issue with pictures and nothing. It does not make any sense
> why just
> these file extensions are not working on this site.

Check for an entry in the hosts file.

Please reply to the newsgroup

In the hosts file? I am confused. What would the host file contain that
would prevent pictures from appearing.

Are you referring to something else? As in the IE restricted sites.

In news:D02AC1E1-7AA4-4C1E-A27C-631FA8F48357@microsoft.com,
David Langschied <DavidLangschied@discussions.microsoft.com>
typed:

> In the hosts file? I am confused. What would the host file
> contain
> that would prevent pictures from appearing.

A reference to the site, blocking them. I had exactly this
problem recently.

> Are you referring to something else? As in the IE restricted
> sites.

No, I'm referring to the hosts file.

Please reply to the newsgroup

> "Ken Blake" wrote:
>
>> In news:AD4DFD26-9E23-49DE-A649-D6242A646435@microsoft.com,
>> David Langschied <DavidLangschied@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> typed:
>>
>>> I am having trouble viewing JPG and GIF files on a particular
>>> web site
>>> (Expedia). I looked on the page for any description of
>>> possible
>>> issue with pictures and nothing. It does not make any sense
>>> why just
>>> these file extensions are not working on this site.
>>

>> Check for an entry in the hosts file.
>>
>> --
>> Please reply to the newsgroup

Someone had this problem yesterday with a web site. It was norton's - I presume cause the site used script of some type to make the pictures available. One had to add the site to norton's trusted zone or something.

Lucky for me as I was trying to make sense of the large pointless scripts idiots include in web pages the site had the solution on their main page.

"Ken Blake" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message news:e5h2$I9gFHA.3936@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> In news:D02AC1E1-7AA4-4C1E-A27C-631FA8F48357@microsoft.com,
> David Langschied <DavidLangschied@discussions.microsoft.com>
> typed:
>
>> In the hosts file? I am confused. What would the host file
>> contain
>> that would prevent pictures from appearing.
>

> A reference to the site, blocking them. I had exactly this
> problem recently.
>

>> Are you referring to something else? As in the IE restricted
>> sites.
>

> No, I'm referring to the hosts file.

> Please reply to the newsgroup
>

>> "Ken Blake" wrote:
>>
>>> In news:AD4DFD26-9E23-49DE-A649-D6242A646435@microsoft.com,
>>> David Langschied <DavidLangschied@discussions.microsoft.com>
>>> typed:

>>> Check for an entry in the hosts file.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: Shell/User
>>> Please reply to the newsgroup

Thanks!
I will check this out.

Having trouble viewing photos on this website? Please disable your "Norton Internet Security" Ad Blocking. This software prevents adverts being shown correctly. Alternatively, make www.cavalletti.com.au a Norton permitted URL. Instructions Here.