Administrator dissapeared!

Until now when I log in the Administrator is
displayed so I can just type the password.
Now another user name is displayed instead of
Administrator!
How could I set it back?
Many thanks for any guidance.
4 answers Last reply
More about administrator dissapeared

    Did you or someone who has access to your computer create another user??
    You can check this under control panel/user accounts.
    If the user created was the 1st one with admin privileges the default Admin
    Account which you seemed to be using goes into hiding...it was never
    intended to be a daily use account more of a "backup" account in case the
    actual user account malfunctions.You can copy all of the settings that you
    created under the Admin Account to a user account.To do this you need to
    create another account....lets call it B .
    restart your XP and sign in as B
    right click MyComputer/properties/advanced/settings
    highlight the original admin account and click copy to
    click browse and navigate to C:\documents&settings\"another user name" (make
    sure this acct as well as B has admin rights)
    click ok and ok your way out.
    restart and sign in as "another user name"....all of you settings should be
    there.You can now delete user B.
    If this was not your problem please post back with more details.
    peterk

    the problem
    "Dr. Pastor" <elpX@adsihqX.com> wrote in message
    > Until now when I log in the Administrator is
    > displayed so I can just type the password.
    > Now another user name is displayed instead of
    > Administrator!
    > How could I set it back?
    > Many thanks for any guidance.

    Hi,

    Once an account with administrative privileges is established, the default
    one is hidden by design.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Dr. Pastor" <elpX@adsihqX.com> wrote in message
    > Until now when I log in the Administrator is
    > displayed so I can just type the password.
    > Now another user name is displayed instead of
    > Administrator!
    > How could I set it back?
    > Many thanks for any guidance.

    Is this able to change?
    > Hi,
    >
    > Once an account with administrative privileges is established, the default
    > one is hidden by design.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "Dr. Pastor" <elpX@adsihqX.com> wrote in message
    >> Until now when I log in the Administrator is
    >> displayed so I can just type the password.
    >> Now another user name is displayed instead of
    >> Administrator!
    >> How could I set it back?
    >> Many thanks for any guidance.

    Hi,

    Yes, you can. TweakUI can do this:

    Or, try this from MVP Doug Knox:
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_admin_ok.htm

    --

    "Jacob Perkins" <txspaderz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Is this able to change?
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Once an account with administrative privileges is established, the
    >> default one is hidden by design.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best of Luck,

    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >>
    >> "Dr. Pastor" <elpX@adsihqX.com> wrote in message
    >>> Until now when I log in the Administrator is
    >>> displayed so I can just type the password.
    >>> Now another user name is displayed instead of
    >>> Administrator!
    >>> How could I set it back?
    >>> Many thanks for any guidance.

Login Microsoft Windows XP