Sign in with
Your question

Microsoft webcam installation

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 8, 2007 3:28:13 PM

I've purchased Microsoft Webcam to run on my Windows XP. After I install and then turn off the computer, when I switch on I get the message "New hardware detected", along with the installation Wizard. If I then open Microsoft Lifecam, I am told to plug my device into a USB port...which it already is plugged into. Sometimes when I unplug the camera and then plug it back in, it works ok. Sometimes it doesn't.

I have tried unplugging the Webcam, uninstalling the software, reinstalling it, then pluggin Webcam back in. Does not help.

What am I doing wrong?
April 9, 2007 7:41:14 PM

i've lost my disk 2 install my microsoft web cam can you help me please
March 7, 2008 5:53:52 PM

I installed the microsoft vx 3000 and it worked great on skype..now it wont go to skype..it defaults to windows live messanger...i've uninstalled it 3 times, but even following all the instructions from skype ...what am I missing?
Related resources
Anonymous
December 17, 2009 10:53:45 PM

jess1 said:

Anonymous
December 17, 2009 11:06:22 PM

mike 1910 said:
I installed the microsoft vx 3000 and it worked great on skype..now it wont go to skype..it defaults to windows live messanger...i've uninstalled it 3 times, but even following all the instructions from skype ...what am I missing?

Anonymous
December 17, 2009 11:09:16 PM

MontyJr said:
I've purchased Microsoft Webcam to run on my Windows XP. After I install and then turn off the computer, when I switch on I get the message "New hardware detected", along with the installation Wizard. If I then open Microsoft Lifecam, I am told to plug my device into a USB port...which it already is plugged into. Sometimes when I unplug the camera and then plug it back in, it works ok. Sometimes it doesn't.

I have tried unplugging the Webcam, uninstalling the software, reinstalling it, then pluggin Webcam back in. Does not help.

What am I doing wrong?

June 30, 2011 12:58:24 PM

MontyJr said:

What am I doing wrong?

June 30, 2011 1:12:17 PM

MontyJr said:

What am I doing wrong?

July 3, 2011 8:03:08 AM

jess1 said:

you have downloads onother soft ware idm software
!