Thumbs of videos won't display

I am in the process of copying my Hi8 videos to DVD via nero. I need to see
the Thumbs to edit properly. The JPG's display OK even when put in the same
folder but none of the mpgs or AVIs do. This is making my task much harder
and slower.
I am using windows XP pro with service pack 2 and all the updates.
2 answers Last reply
More about thumbs videos display

    When I transfer my Hi8 to the computer I use Windows Movie maker.It creates
    clips that are dragged into a timeline.
    It saves the resulting movie in a format that Nero converts and burns to
    DVD.If you wish to edit the clips then you need to purchase an editing
    program.The editing capabilities of Movie Maker are bare.
    http://www.videohelp.com/
    peterk

    the problem
    "Stuart" <mongrel1999NoSpam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I am in the process of copying my Hi8 videos to DVD via nero. I need to see
    >the Thumbs to edit properly. The JPG's display OK even when put in the same
    >folder but none of the mpgs or AVIs do. This is making my task much harder
    >and slower.
    > I am using windows XP pro with service pack 2 and all the updates.

    Hmm! I thought I had explained the problem clearly enough.
    Oh well! Here goes...I have selected the folder views to display thumbs. The
    folders with video files used to display thumbs of the videos. Now it
    doesn't. I would like to know why Windows XP dares to disobey my command. I
    would like to know how to make it tow the line before I send it to the penal
    colonies via the 1st floor window.
    Any real help would be greatly apreciated.

    Regards.... Stuart.

    --
    Remove 'nospam' from the address to email me
    "peterk" <peterk@nomalarky.net> wrote in message
    > When I transfer my Hi8 to the computer I use Windows Movie maker.It
    > creates clips that are dragged into a timeline.
    > It saves the resulting movie in a format that Nero converts and burns to
    > DVD.If you wish to edit the clips then you need to purchase an editing
    > program.The editing capabilities of Movie Maker are bare.
    > http://www.videohelp.com/
    > peterk
    >

    > --
    > It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much
    > about the problem
    > "Stuart" <mongrel1999NoSpam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>I am in the process of copying my Hi8 videos to DVD via nero. I need to
    >>see the Thumbs to edit properly. The JPG's display OK even when put in the
    >>same folder but none of the mpgs or AVIs do. This is making my task much
    >>harder and slower.
    >> I am using windows XP pro with service pack 2 and all the updates.

Video Windows XP Displays