Simple. I had to reboot my PC and when It started up the taskbar had
gone. When I try a repair install of winXP I can't accpet the lisence
agreement and installing from windows it says there's a 3rd party
Kernel and won't continue.

I really need this sorting because it's just annoying and problematic.

(Note, I have tried
kellys-korner-xp.com and any task bar restorers and they didn't work at
all.)

--
some_random.dll

kelly

What was the exact error message and have you tried ending Explorer.exe and
restarting it via the Task Manager?

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)