help I can't log on to windows xp (Home Version)

Please help! I have added the log on to windows to avoid anyone getting into
my laptop. Well it works so well it will not let me in either. Is there a
way to go back or to get in so I can fix it. Thank you!
5 answers Last reply
More about help windows home version

    Don Kendrick wrote

    "bestbuybaldwin" wrote:

    > Please help! I have added the log on to windows to avoid anyone getting into
    > my laptop. Well it works so well it will not let me in either. Is there a
    > way to go back or to get in so I can fix it. Thank you!

    Have you tried booting into safe mode and using the administrator account to
    reset your password?

    I'm having the same problem. I'm the administrator on my computer and
    somehow not only did my password get changed and will not be accepted but so
    did the other 2 accounts on my computer. They all 3 still have a password on
    them but they won't except the password that we set them to. Strangely
    enough, the guest login was also turned on which is how I'm able to get on
    and ask this question.

    I've tried restarting the computer in safe mode but without the computer
    administrator password (my password to be exact) I can't get anywhere.

    PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!! and thank you ^_^

    "Unrepper" wrote:

    > --
    > Don Kendrick wrote
    >

    > "bestbuybaldwin" wrote:
    >
    > > Please help! I have added the log on to windows to avoid anyone getting into
    > > my laptop. Well it works so well it will not let me in either. Is there a
    > > way to go back or to get in so I can fix it. Thank you!
    >

    > Have you tried booting into safe mode and using the administrator account to
    > reset your password?

    Don Kendrick wrote

    "bestbuybaldwin" wrote:

    > Please help! I have added the log on to windows to avoid anyone getting into
    > my laptop. Well it works so well it will not let me in either. Is there a
    > way to go back or to get in so I can fix it. Thank you!

    try reading here as well http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/win_xp_passwords.htm

    Don Kendrick wrote

    try this http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

    "yiba_girl" wrote:

    > I'm having the same problem. I'm the administrator on my computer and
    > somehow not only did my password get changed and will not be accepted but so
    > did the other 2 accounts on my computer. They all 3 still have a password on
    > them but they won't except the password that we set them to. Strangely
    > enough, the guest login was also turned on which is how I'm able to get on
    > and ask this question.
    >
    > I've tried restarting the computer in safe mode but without the computer
    > administrator password (my password to be exact) I can't get anywhere.
    >
    > PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!! and thank you ^_^
    >
    > "Unrepper" wrote:
    >

    > > --
    > > Don Kendrick wrote
    > >

    > > "bestbuybaldwin" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Please help! I have added the log on to windows to avoid anyone getting into
    > > > my laptop. Well it works so well it will not let me in either. Is there a
    > > > way to go back or to get in so I can fix it. Thank you!
    > >

    > > Have you tried booting into safe mode and using the administrator account to
    > > reset your password?

    Hi,

    Logon as "administrator" in safe mode, then reset your user account's
    password.

    How to start in Safe mode:
    http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Safe%20mode

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "bestbuybaldwin" <bestbuybaldwin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Please help! I have added the log on to windows to avoid anyone getting
    > into
    > my laptop. Well it works so well it will not let me in either. Is there
    > way to go back or to get in so I can fix it. Thank you!

Microsoft Windows XP