How do I make all XP Pro settings the same?

July 8, 2005 12:27:59 AM

I have finally installed XP Pro on the last 2 computers.
I work with XP more now a days.I want to set up one computer then
transfer all these settings to other computers.
How do I do this?
After install, I do the usual install of firewall and antivirus.But I
also change the services that startup,the look of the desktop,the menu.I
add a Admin and a limited acount for users.
So after I spend an hour or more doing this I would like to save time
and transfer these settings to other computers.
How big of a file is this? Can I use a floppy disk or zip drive?
Thanks in advance for this help. I will also search the help file and
the internet.

More about : make pro settings

Anonymous
July 8, 2005 1:03:46 AM

Hi,

Actually, you need to set and create the default profile *before* allowing
users to log in.

How to create a custom default user profile
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319974

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/