Wiping and reinstalling windows xp on my VAIO.

Recently I've been having a few problems with how things install, work, etc,
so I've decided to reinstall windows. I have a VAIO and windows is already
saved on the HD I think, and I have a few recovery cds as well. Would someone
mind explaining how I would go about wiping and reinstalling windows xp?
Thanks

Hi,

Check the Sony site, your owners' manual, or the Help & Support files for
the proper instructions on using your recovery disks. Make sure you backup
anything you do not want to lose before proceeding.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Invisus wrote:
> Recently I've been having a few problems with how things install, work, etc,
> so I've decided to reinstall windows. I have a VAIO and windows is already
> saved on the HD I think, and I have a few recovery cds as well. Would someone
> mind explaining how I would go about wiping and reinstalling windows xp?
> Thanks
If you have the installation disk, you can do the New install option.
This gives you the option of deleting the partition that windows is on
and install a fresh copy.
Of course this will delete everything. So save any files.
Or you can do a repair option.I did this on a computer and it worked well.
But since you have the disk ,I would go with first option of a new install.
You can either boot to cd or open cd while in windows.If the cd won't
boot or auto run you can right click on cd drive and click explore. Then
click setup.Good luck.Install take about 2 hours.