Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'd go with Crucial Ballistix. Yes, Socket 939 supports dual-channel.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

CrucialLabs

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
Depending on what you plan on doing with the computer you could go with standard PC3200 memory. Just remember, you get what you pay for....

Crucial Performance Lab

www.crucial.com
The Memory Experts(SM) at Crucial Technology is now on board to give you straight answers to your memory-related questions.
cpl@micron.com

sprindle

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2004
I have this exact same mobo and will be getting the crucial ballistix. Would I benefit from getting 4 512MB or just stick w/ 2 512MB?

Thanks,

dd_viper

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2004
i personally would go with 2 sticks and save my $300 for something else. ballistix is blazing fast and 1 GB is easily enough.

Homer: (crying) ahhh i dont remember the last time i cried like this!
Lisa: When u put ur shirt on backwards
Homer: (crying) o ya, (crying) the tag chafed my skin (crying)

CrucialLabs

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
I would definately agree, we found in the lab that anything over 1GB begins to either stabilize or decrease the overall performance of the system unless you plan on doing video streaming or working with large data files.

Crucial Performance Lab

www.crucial.com
The Memory Experts(SM) at Crucial Technology is now on board to give you straight answers to your memory-related questions.
cpl@micron.com