My SHIFT key is incessantly starting outlook express

July 8, 2005 12:25:01 AM

SFor some reason, my shift key has started opening outlook express. I can't
seem to figure out how it got mapped this way, but I can't seem to unmap it.
I play computer games where the SHIFT key is very important, but now I can't
use it because it cuts out of the game and brings up the mail program. It
makes no sense at all. Also, the ALT key seems to bring up the "My Computer"
window in the same manner.
July 8, 2005 4:09:48 AM

In news:744447FA-9851-4AA1-BDC1-7E96825570A9@microsoft.com,
Sherman761 <Sherman761@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> SFor some reason, my shift key has started opening outlook express.
> I can't seem to figure out how it got mapped this way, but I can't
> seem to unmap it. I play computer games where the SHIFT key is very
> important, but now I can't use it because it cuts out of the game and
> brings up the mail program. It makes no sense at all. Also, the ALT
> key seems to bring up the "My Computer" window in the same manner.

Find your OE shortcuts and see if the (right click > properties) shortcut
key has been modified. Somehow I suspect it MIGHT not have been seeing as
you have My Computer doing the same thing unless, of course, those shortcuts
are located, perhaps, in the Quick Launch. I'd start there I suppose.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 10:31:54 AM

news:o q7ckL3gFHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> In news:744447FA-9851-4AA1-BDC1-7E96825570A9@microsoft.com,
> Sherman761 <Sherman761@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

>> SFor some reason, my shift key has started opening outlook express.
>> I can't seem to figure out how it got mapped this way, but I can't
>> seem to unmap it. I play computer games where the SHIFT key is very
>> important, but now I can't use it because it cuts out of the game and
>> brings up the mail program. It makes no sense at all. Also, the ALT
>> key seems to bring up the "My Computer" window in the same manner.
>
> Find your OE shortcuts and see if the (right click > properties) shortcut
> key has been modified. Somehow I suspect it MIGHT not have been seeing as
> you have My Computer doing the same thing unless, of course, those
> shortcuts are located, perhaps, in the Quick Launch. I'd start there I
> suppose.
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
> without them."
>
> Sherlock Holmes

And the shortcut uses more than one key, so you probably have a sticking key
(s).
Try a different keyboard.
--
Ron Sommer