Thanks and stuff

I'm overwhelmed. Winning the IF comp twice has been an astonishing
experience, and I just want to say thanks to everybody who voted for my
game. I also want to recognize the other great games in this year's
competition, particularly Blue Chairs, Trading Punches, and All Things
Devours, which I enjoyed very much indeed. I am truly honored to be
well-regarded in such excellent company.

In particular, I'd like to thank my collaborators on EAS3 -- J. Robinson
Wheeler, who did the kickass art for the game's feelie; and my beta-
testers: Suzanne Britton, Callico Harrison, Jenny O'Brian, and Dan
Shiovitz. Also, I'm grateful to everybody who wrote a review or emailed
me their feedback on the game. I'll definitely be leaning on those
Earth and Sky games, but if there are, I won't be entering them in the
competition.

I now have a rough version of my reviews available on my web page at
http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~obrian/IF.htm#04list. I'll update that site
eventually with better links, a page for Luminous Horizon, etc., but at
the moment I am just swamped trying to keep up with my life and read
through all the reviews that have been posted here and elsewhere. My
apologies to people whose emails I haven't yet replied to -- I will answer
as soon as I can!

Also, I am still seeking comp reviews for the upcoming issue of SPAG!
The deadline for this issue is December 5th -- contact me if you need
more time.

--
Paul O'Brian obrian@colorado.edu http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~obrian
Your mission, should you choose to accept it: review an IF competition

merk

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2001

"Paul O'Brian" <obrian@ucsu.colorado.edu> wrote in message
> I'm overwhelmed. Winning the IF comp twice has been an astonishing
> experience, and I just want to say thanks to everybody who voted for my
> game. I also want to recognize the other great games in this year's

Again, congratulations!!

> Also, I am still seeking comp reviews for the upcoming issue of SPAG!
> The deadline for this issue is December 5th -- contact me if you need
> more time.

These are reviews not presently published elsewhere, correct? For future
reference, can a review submitted to SPAG also be printed elsewhere at some
point after appearing in SPAG? For instance, the Commodore-32 contest is
just over a week away. Could reviewers hold their feedback for inclusion in
SPAG, but later add it to a personal website or post to the newsgroup?

---- Mike.

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Merk wrote:

> "Paul O'Brian" <obrian@ucsu.colorado.edu> wrote in message
>
> > Also, I am still seeking comp reviews for the upcoming issue of SPAG!
> > The deadline for this issue is December 5th -- contact me if you need
> > more time.
>
> These are reviews not presently published elsewhere, correct?

Yes. I will very likely reprint some of the already-published comp reviews
as well, provided I can get permission from the authors. However, I really
strive to make the comp issue of SPAG at least 50% original content, and
with the number of reviews I've received so far, that will make for one
small comp issue.

> For future
> reference, can a review submitted to SPAG also be printed elsewhere at some
> point after appearing in SPAG? For instance, the Commodore-32 contest is
> just over a week away. Could reviewers hold their feedback for inclusion in
> SPAG, but later add it to a personal website or post to the newsgroup?

SPAG doesn't have a formal policy about this, but I'm not bothered about
the idea of somebody adding their original SPAG reviews to their own
website, though I'd like for SPAG's review to be exclusive for oh, say, a
month or so. Also, since all issues of SPAG are on the web, and all the
reviews indexed, such a reviewer might save some trouble by just providing
links to the reviews as they appear on SPAG's web page.

--
Paul O'Brian obrian@colorado.edu http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~obrian
Your mission, should you choose to accept it: review an IF competition
game for SPAG 39. Please! Deadline for submissions is December 5th

Thanks to you for these very satisfying IF experiences. I thoroughly
enjoyed all 3 of these games.

Paul O'Brian wrote:
> I'm overwhelmed. Winning the IF comp twice has been an astonishing
> experience, and I just want to say thanks to everybody who voted for my
> game. I also want to recognize the other great games in this year's
> competition, particularly Blue Chairs, Trading Punches, and All Things
> Devours, which I enjoyed very much indeed. I am truly honored to be
> well-regarded in such excellent company.
>
> In particular, I'd like to thank my collaborators on EAS3 -- J. Robinson
> Wheeler, who did the kickass art for the game's feelie; and my beta-
> testers: Suzanne Britton, Callico Harrison, Jenny O'Brian, and Dan
> Shiovitz. Also, I'm grateful to everybody who wrote a review or emailed
> me their feedback on the game. I'll definitely be leaning on those
> Earth and Sky games, but if there are, I won't be entering them in the
> competition.
>
> I now have a rough version of my reviews available on my web page at
> http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~obrian/IF.htm#04list. I'll update that site
> eventually with better links, a page for Luminous Horizon, etc., but at
> the moment I am just swamped trying to keep up with my life and read
> through all the reviews that have been posted here and elsewhere. My
> apologies to people whose emails I haven't yet replied to -- I will answer
> as soon as I can!
>
> Also, I am still seeking comp reviews for the upcoming issue of SPAG!
> The deadline for this issue is December 5th -- contact me if you need
> more time.

"Paul O'Brian" <obrian@ucsu.colorado.edu> wrote in message
> I'm overwhelmed. Winning the IF comp twice has been an astonishing
> experience, and I just want to say thanks to everybody who voted for my
> game.

No, thank *you*! You're the one who spent years writing such quality games
and then letting us play them for free. And congratulations on your
well-earned victories.

--
zimriel sbc dot
at global net