Deleting Temp Files

July 8, 2005 1:55:03 AM

I am trying to delete the temp files under this path name (c:\windows\temp)
in XP Home but when I try to delete them I am told something is using them.
The file names are CS****.tmp where the **** is a hex number. Any help
apppreciated.

More about : deleting temp files

July 8, 2005 4:00:48 AM

Try it is safe mode, John.

Start/Run: temp

Go to Start/Run/Msconfig. Boot.Ini and check off /SafeBoot. Apply/Ok,
reboot.
Note: Before leaving safe mode, revert.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

news:D 153ED1A-0F72-441D-844D-E27E992D9D4D@microsoft.com...
>I am trying to delete the temp files under this path name (c:\windows\temp)
> in XP Home but when I try to delete them I am told something is using
> them.
> The file names are CS****.tmp where the **** is a hex number. Any help
> apppreciated.

Anonymous
July 8, 2005 6:06:28 PM

Have you tried in safe mode? Why don't you use Disc Cleanup tool?

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

John wrote:

> I am trying to delete the temp files under this path name (c:\windows\temp)
> in XP Home but when I try to delete them I am told something is using them.
> The file names are CS****.tmp where the **** is a hex number. Any help
> apppreciated.

July 9, 2005 12:48:01 AM

Tried both options . Files still there. When I go after starting in safe mode
the files aren't there but when start normally they are there. So I can't
find what program is creating them.

!