Ok, got another problem...This recently became like this...My desktop is
blank...It has the background image, but the icons are missing...But when I
go to My Computer, under desktop, it shows what SHOULD Be there, but nothing
is showing....Any suggestions?

1. Right-click the desktop.
2. Point to Arrange Icons By and then click Show Desktop Icons.

To add the My Computer, My Network Places, Internet Explorer, and My
Documents icons back to your desktop:

1. Right-click the desktop, and then click Properties.
2. On the Desktop tab, click Customize Desktop.
3. Under Desktop icons, click to select the check boxes of the icons you
want to
view.
4. Click OK two times.

"Jacob Perkins" wrote:

> Ok, got another problem...This recently became like this...My desktop is
> blank...It has the background image, but the icons are missing...But when I
> go to My Computer, under desktop, it shows what SHOULD Be there, but nothing
> is showing....Any suggestions?

kelly

This generally has to do with display drivers. If you have recently done so
or ran the MS updates to do so, try a rollback via the Device Manager. If
this is not the case, use Ctrl/Alt/Delete and end process on Explorer.exe if
it is listed and either way, then go to File/New Task (Run) and type in:
Explorer.exe.

Explorer.exe repeatedly quits unexpectedly in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883791

If still nothing:

Restore Taskbar and Desktop to Default Functionality (Line 164)

To use the VBS Files: Download .vbs file and save it to your hard drive (you
may want to right click and use Save Target As). Double click the vbs
file. You will be prompted when the script is done.

NOTE: If your anti-virus software warns you of a "malicious" script, this
is normal if you have "Script Safe" or similar technology enabled. These
scripts are not malicious, but they do make changes to the System Registry.

Added info and help:

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Jacob Perkins" <txspaderz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Ok, got another problem...This recently became like this...My desktop is
> blank...It has the background image, but the icons are missing...But when
> I go to My Computer, under desktop, it shows what SHOULD Be there, but
> nothing is showing....Any suggestions?

Right click in Desktop, Properties, Desktop page, click Customise and on
the Web page make sure 'Lock Desktop ' is not checked.

Right click again, Arrange Icons, make sure 'Show Desktop Icons' is
checked.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP