Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustafarian

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2007
Hey peeps,

I have a Creative Zen Vision M which I bought fairly soon after they were released. Now when I turn it on, it says 'Rebuilding...' like when you do a reset on it. It gets about 1/3 of the way then makes a whirr-click, whirr-clicl noise (not through the headphones). Is there any way to fix this or do I have to return it?

Thanks

Gus

d_fusion

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
I know that the player has a recovery mode, you can try accessing the recovery mode to do a clean up on the player to see if the player respond correctly after the clean up.. it should work

Gustafarian

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2007
Thanks for the advice, d fusion, but I have already RMAd it. They didn't quible at all and not I have a brand new Zen.

I am just glad I store all my music on my PC!

garyhope

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
I just got one and I don't know if it's broken or just the most poorly designed and difficult to use or if I'm senile.

I can't stop it from recording, it doesn't always answer to the controls.

This is my first mp3 player and it seems incredibly UN intuitive as far as the controls or else it's totally FUBAR'd.

Any clues as to how I find out? Should I just RMA it back to the egg?

I thought I was fairly good with computers and electronics, but this thing is a mess or else I'm totally incompetent.

Any body else out there had this problem?

Horrible instuction manual.

Gustafarian

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2007
I agree about the instruction manual. They must be written by chimps.

Have you checked the pad sensitivity? Mine came back with the sensitivity set to 'low' so it would hardly respond. If you mean that the buttons are not responding then I would RMA it.

Stopping recording should be easy, press 'play' to pause then stop it via the menu.

If you don't get on with the Zen then take it back and get an iPod. There is a reason that they have such a high market share :wink:

uncle_ben

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2005
It could be the sensitivity setting indeed. If not I would send the player back for testing. Mine works fine since it was bought over a year ago, fingers crossed
I agree about the instruction manual. They must be written by chimps.

Why so? It seems to be written in plain English, Gus;)
I have downloaded the manual from their website and do not see anything wrong with it... If anyone needs it is here:
LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.