Menus invsible in Start Menu and Taskbar

I am trying to find out why menus are not visible. For instance If I open my
Start Menu and go to All Programs I can see all of those, but the program
submenus are not visible, I see the shadowed outline and that is it. Also
happens for the menus off the taskbar. Basically anything that is a submenu
is not visible. The entire Start Menu is not visible in the classic view as
well. How can i fix this?
2 answers Last reply
More about menus invsible start menu taskbar

    Sounds like a video adapter driver issue, try visiting the web site for
    your card manufacturer and download and install an updated version.

    Shane Adair wrote:

    > I am trying to find out why menus are not visible. For instance If I open my
    > Start Menu and go to All Programs I can see all of those, but the program
    > submenus are not visible, I see the shadowed outline and that is it. Also
    > happens for the menus off the taskbar. Basically anything that is a submenu
    > is not visible. The entire Start Menu is not visible in the classic view as
    > well. How can i fix this?

    That and hardware acceleration. Good luck!

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    > Sounds like a video adapter driver issue, try visiting the web site for
    > your card manufacturer and download and install an updated version.
    >
    > Shane Adair wrote:
    >
    >> I am trying to find out why menus are not visible. For instance If I
    >> open my Start Menu and go to All Programs I can see all of those, but the
    >> program submenus are not visible, I see the shadowed outline and that is
    >> it. Also happens for the menus off the taskbar. Basically anything that
    >> is a submenu is not visible. The entire Start Menu is not visible in the
    >> classic view as well. How can i fix this?

Taskbar Start Menu Microsoft Windows XP