Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Menus invsible in Start Menu and Taskbar

Tags:
  • Taskbar
  • Start Menu
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
July 8, 2005 3:44:01 AM

I am trying to find out why menus are not visible. For instance If I open my
Start Menu and go to All Programs I can see all of those, but the program
submenus are not visible, I see the shadowed outline and that is it. Also
happens for the menus off the taskbar. Basically anything that is a submenu
is not visible. The entire Start Menu is not visible in the classic view as
well. How can i fix this?

More about : menus invsible start menu taskbar

Anonymous
July 8, 2005 1:31:34 PM

Sounds like a video adapter driver issue, try visiting the web site for
your card manufacturer and download and install an updated version.

Shane Adair wrote:

> I am trying to find out why menus are not visible. For instance If I open my
> Start Menu and go to All Programs I can see all of those, but the program
> submenus are not visible, I see the shadowed outline and that is it. Also
> happens for the menus off the taskbar. Basically anything that is a submenu
> is not visible. The entire Start Menu is not visible in the classic view as
> well. How can i fix this?
July 11, 2005 5:41:29 AM

That and hardware acceleration. Good luck!

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP