I would like to use factory image but I have changed the gpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savannahmick

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2010
I have a Dell Studio XPS 8100 and I would like to use factory image to reinstall Windows 7 64x, but I have changed my gpu to Nvidia GTX470 and the image is for ATI/AMD 5770 will I get no display or other problems? Should just do a clean install or will Windows load a driver that will work with my GTX470 because the factory image will install AMD CCC and AMD display drivers? What method of reinstall would you guys recommend for a oem pc that I bought 4/1/2010 and still using original install with a couple small issues now that it's almost a year old. I have really ever done a completely clean install with a OEM pc, so any advice would be great! I would like to use factory image due to the fact all the drivers will be installed without having to install them myself. Thanks Again for any info/help!

Solution
You should be able to install the image. When Win 7 starts for the first time, it will detect the GPU and install default drivers until you go to nvidia.com and install the current ones yourself.

Good luck!
Status
Not open for further replies.