MN-500 and utility software 2.0

pat

Expert

I've installed a MN-700 and am planning on passing on my
MN-500 to a friend. Is is better for them to install the
utility software 2.0 with the MN-500 rather than the
software that came with the MN-500? I'm guessing that the
new software will work with the older router but I wanted
to find out for sure.

Thanks!

Pat

Yes, it will work with the MN500

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 07:26:45 -0700, "Pat"

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

Thanks Barb, but it seems I don't have the MN 700
installed after all. I tried it once before and had
problems but decided to try it again. I can connect fine
on my desktop which is connected directly to the MN700
and my cable modem, but my TiVos and my laptop which
connect wirlessly and my wireless-capable PDA can't
connect. I'm now back to my dependable MN500 which works
fine with all devices involved.

Your TiVo and PDA's are probably 802.11b - you'd need to set the
MN-700 to mixed b/g and not g only performance mode.

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 11:23:16 -0700,

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist