alex83

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
Hello i have collected money and I am planning to buy a Lenovo laptop G580 15.6 inch screen that should last at least 5 yrs

I am thinking of buying this config

Third generation Ivy Bridge Core™ i3-3110M Processor 2 core 4 threads (3M Cache, 2.40 GHz) HD graphics 4000 Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x) 4 gb ram or 8 gb with 500 gb hardisk dvd writer

I will be using this laptop for C, C++, .net,java J2EE, android, IOs, programming and VmWare designing websites etc surfing and watching HD movies no gaming for me i have got 22 inch desktop and Nvdia for that.

But now Intel is coming up with Haswell should i wait for Haswell processors to come out after one more year 2013 because Intel has said Haswell has it is

Vastly improved energy consumption reportedly come in at as low as 10 watts TDP better performance and battery life a great improvement over Intel’s Ivy Bridge

And Haswell will not sacrifice performance for power consumption and will deliver blazing speeds they say and 20x lower platform idle power compared to Sandy Bridge, and up to 2x the GPU performance of Ivy Bridge. So should i wait or buy now?

alex83

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012

ok hmm interesting i know intel is always up to this show up game of better with every generation but dont you think that haswell will have better battery performance than ivy bridge