viewing removable storage devices

Peterp

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2004

I plug in a digital camera XP picks it up and I can see it in system/device
manager however when I go to my computer there is no removable storage device
showing?

Can anyone help please?

Change the drive letter in Disk Manager (start, help and support, disk
manager)

peterp wrote:

> I plug in a digital camera XP picks it up and I can see it in system/device
> manager however when I go to my computer there is no removable storage device
> showing?
>
> Can anyone help please?

May be you maped network disk

"peterp" <peterp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I plug in a digital camera XP picks it up and I can see it in system/device
> manager however when I go to my computer there is no removable storage
> device
> showing?
>
> Can anyone help please?

Peter, did you ever get this resolved? I have the same problem....camera
does not show up on My Computer but works fine with Microsoft Picture It and
shows in the device manager just like yours. Gateway (the maker of the
camera) has been of little or no help here.

Take Care,
John