viewing removable storage devices

I plug in a digital camera XP picks it up and I can see it in system/device
manager however when I go to my computer there is no removable storage device
showing?

Can anyone help please?
3 answers Last reply
More about viewing removable storage devices

    Change the drive letter in Disk Manager (start, help and support, disk
    manager)

    peterp wrote:

    > I plug in a digital camera XP picks it up and I can see it in system/device
    > manager however when I go to my computer there is no removable storage device
    > showing?
    >
    > Can anyone help please?

    May be you maped network disk

    "peterp" <peterp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I plug in a digital camera XP picks it up and I can see it in system/device
    > manager however when I go to my computer there is no removable storage
    > device
    > showing?
    >
    > Can anyone help please?

    Peter, did you ever get this resolved? I have the same problem....camera
    does not show up on My Computer but works fine with Microsoft Picture It and
    shows in the device manager just like yours. Gateway (the maker of the
    camera) has been of little or no help here.

    Take Care,
    John

    "peterp" wrote:

    > I plug in a digital camera XP picks it up and I can see it in system/device
    > manager however when I go to my computer there is no removable storage device
    > showing?
    >
    > Can anyone help please?

Cameras Storage Devices Windows XP