Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

*ANDROID* Text to Speech on live web pages like iPhone iOS?

Tags:
  • Android
  • iPhone
  • Mobile Computing
Last response: in Mobile Computing
November 11, 2012 7:43:09 PM

On my iphone i could select text in any document and after the text was selected an automatic popup would ask if I wanted to copy or speak the text I had selected. Very useful while I was browsing the web and came upon an article I wanted to have read to me instead of having to use my eyes to read small text.

My question is: How do I do that on my Galaxy Note II? Do I need a particular web browser? Am I stuck copying the text and pasting it in another App that reads text?

Thanks for the help!

More about : android text speech live web pages iphone ios

November 12, 2012 12:36:28 AM

ANyone?
m
l
November 13, 2012 8:03:51 PM

Nobody has an answer? Not even a smart ass one? Lil help here please.

Thanks!
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
November 15, 2012 3:47:39 AM

kwilson408 said:
On my iphone i could select text in any document and after the text was selected an automatic popup would ask if I wanted to copy or speak the text I had selected. Very useful while I was browsing the web and came upon an article I wanted to have read to me instead of having to use my eyes to read small text.

My question is: How do I do that on my Galaxy Note II? Do I need a particular web browser? Am I stuck copying the text and pasting it in another App that reads text?

Thanks for the help!

I'm shocked no one has chimed in. Is there no such app?
m
l
November 22, 2012 1:24:50 AM

Ok, I have to admit that i'm a little disappointed that I found ZERO help here. I kinda expect the knowledge to be here and available in a reasonable amount of time. No such luck in this instance.

Anyway, I found what I was looking for and it's called, "EASY TEXT TO SPEECH" by ETTS. I hope this helps the next guy.

Cheers to myself! Hip!!! Hip!!! Hooray!
m
l
September 28, 2013 12:46:26 AM

kwilson408 said:
Ok, I have to admit that i'm a little disappointed that I found ZERO help here. I kinda expect the knowledge to be here and available in a reasonable amount of time. No such luck in this instance.

Anyway, I found what I was looking for and it's called, "EASY TEXT TO SPEECH" by ETTS. I hope this helps the next guy.

Thank you was big help
m
l
August 7, 2014 11:48:52 AM

kwilson408 said:

Congrats on using Google!
m
l
August 25, 2014 9:23:16 AM

Hi mate, well I haven't found the answer yet, I've been searching all day on efficient speech to text and text to speech app, plugins that will allow me to speak of text from any app and speak in to any text field. I feel like I'm taking crazy pill, that Im the only one who is asking this question. So thanks for paving the way :) 

Ive already installed all the Google Speech to text and configured it. I suspect that the installation of Google Chrome and some of the Core System software on Android 4.2.2 is not working well on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, I thought there should be a simple advanced setting in Google Chrome that turns on Speech to text. People even talk about that in one or two tutorials, but I simply don't have that choice in my setting list in chrome on this installation. So I will continue to investigate. Oh, and yes I have all the most recent uppdates on all apps and system software at this time. Still won't work. Google & Samsung, please get your Sh*t together on this accessability text to speech and speech to text functionality asap. We are going to on wearable displays shortly and most of the interface navigation will be designed around these functions, Iknow they have the know how to get this working. But seriously, can someone explain how to get this working?

-my progress so far on Aug 26 2014 is, you can use and configure TalkBack (the sight challenged) accessability tool to read pages from any app webpage and document, it even sounds quite good, best I've heard in a while. But... it will also read all navigation and menu contextual descriptions, which is very strange.

-Tomorrow I'm investigating additional samsung apps and re-installing chrome mobile browser.
m
l
September 26, 2014 11:10:26 AM

Thanks for finding that App! I cant believe no one really knew! I contacted Samsung to ask them if there was this function and they said know. They suggested Google text to speech but that really is a voice to text app. I told them they need to have something like this for ADA laws and to help people who need extra support such as those with reading disorders. I hope they actually add this to their phones.

Anyway, thanks for finding this app! I have been looking for quite some time now and then. I just downloaded it and cant wait to try it out!
m
l
October 2, 2014 9:08:33 PM

Use esy text to speach appwhen you copy any text in web browser or any where it starts reading and bro I have discovered this app in barely 20min idiot.
m
l
March 19, 2015 4:03:48 PM

I searched for this kind of app for almost a year back a couple years. I, too, was surprised and disappointed that nobody seemed to give a damn about my issue -- I even learned that there are some estimated 300,000,000 people worldwide who, like me, have enough vision to navigate around a touch-screen interface, but not good enough vision to read large blocks of text. So, there should be millions of requests for this kilnd of TTS app. Probably most folks who could benefit simply give up when they can't find such an app. I even contacted the Light House for the Blind, which presumably has the expertise regarding visually impaired people's needs.No luck. There was no such app. And, seemingly reliable people on the Android side told me that it was the operating system itself that would prevent invoking a TTS function while the screen is devoted to another app (like browser, email, etc). So, I've just put it aside for a long time now, doing my assisted reading on my computer and struggling with reading on my phone only when no puter is around.

So, now the claim that "esy text to speach" is just such an app astonished me and I immediately went to work looking for it. Of course, it's really called "Easy Text to Speech." I installed it at once and it did absolutely nothing on my phone (Nexus 5, Lollipop). I'll keep looking, because it sounds like the company that released this app thinks it will do what I want. Meanwhile, if anyone knows of a fix for this app or some other app that can do the trick, please do chime in.
m
l
April 6, 2015 6:41:18 PM

kwilson408 said:
kwilson408 said:

Thanks for the help!

m
l
April 6, 2015 6:41:53 PM

@VoiceAloud
m
l
August 10, 2015 7:31:13 PM

Troy Spears said:
kwilson408 said:
kwilson408 said:

Thanks for the help!

I was just looking for something like what you're asking for...I found Web page reader app in the playstore...
m
l