Sign in with
Your question

*ANDROID* Text to Speech on live web pages like iPhone iOS?

Last response: in Mobile Computing
November 11, 2012 7:43:09 PM

On my iphone i could select text in any document and after the text was selected an automatic popup would ask if I wanted to copy or speak the text I had selected. Very useful while I was browsing the web and came upon an article I wanted to have read to me instead of having to use my eyes to read small text.

My question is: How do I do that on my Galaxy Note II? Do I need a particular web browser? Am I stuck copying the text and pasting it in another App that reads text?

Thanks for the help!
November 13, 2012 8:03:51 PM

Nobody has an answer? Not even a smart ass one? Lil help here please.

Thanks!
m
l
November 15, 2012 3:47:39 AM

kwilson408 said:
On my iphone i could select text in any document and after the text was selected an automatic popup would ask if I wanted to copy or speak the text I had selected. Very useful while I was browsing the web and came upon an article I wanted to have read to me instead of having to use my eyes to read small text.

My question is: How do I do that on my Galaxy Note II? Do I need a particular web browser? Am I stuck copying the text and pasting it in another App that reads text?

Thanks for the help!

I'm shocked no one has chimed in. Is there no such app?
m
l
November 22, 2012 1:24:50 AM

Ok, I have to admit that i'm a little disappointed that I found ZERO help here. I kinda expect the knowledge to be here and available in a reasonable amount of time. No such luck in this instance.

Anyway, I found what I was looking for and it's called, "EASY TEXT TO SPEECH" by ETTS. I hope this helps the next guy.

Cheers to myself! Hip!!! Hip!!! Hooray!
m
l
September 28, 2013 12:46:26 AM

kwilson408 said:
Ok, I have to admit that i'm a little disappointed that I found ZERO help here. I kinda expect the knowledge to be here and available in a reasonable amount of time. No such luck in this instance.

Anyway, I found what I was looking for and it's called, "EASY TEXT TO SPEECH" by ETTS. I hope this helps the next guy.

Cheers to myself! Hip!!! Hip!!! Hooray!

Thank you was big help
m
l
!