Windows Explorer crashes when removing CD or browsing netw..

I have 6 XP machines (incl 2 laptops) running XP pro on 2 of them. Windows
Explorer has crashed a lot of times on all of them especially when doing one
of the following:

- Closing WE while it is (spending an eternity) searching for a networked
computer
- Looking at the contents of a CD-ROM in WE and then removing the CD without
first closing WE.

Usually it sends a report to MS, and then the task bar with the start button
disappears. I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to be able to log out and restart.

What are the details of the report that it wants to send to Microsoft?
That'll help us to figure out what the problem is.

"Lars Erlandsson" wrote:

> I have 6 XP machines (incl 2 laptops) running XP pro on 2 of them. Windows
> Explorer has crashed a lot of times on all of them especially when doing one
> of the following:
>
> - Closing WE while it is (spending an eternity) searching for a networked
> computer
> - Looking at the contents of a CD-ROM in WE and then removing the CD without
> first closing WE.
>
> Usually it sends a report to MS, and then the task bar with the start button
> disappears. I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to be able to log out and restart.

Ok, great!
Did the network thing, clicken on one of the computer is "My network places"
and then closed explorer. Crash of course.

the thing says:
szAppName : explorer.exe szAppVer : 6.0.2900.2180 szModName : hungapp
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

and it sends two files, "appcompat.txt" and "explorer.exe.mdmp", both of
which I have saved if anyone cares to look in them..?