Possible to download Quicktime without itunes?

I want to download QuickTime but when I go to the site it seems that I have
to download itunes as well now. I thought there used to be an option to
load just QuickTime? I have Nero installed as well as a multimedia keyboard
and everything works. I don't want any trouble with itumes taking over my
system and messing up my CD/DVD burning.

If anyone knows how I could load just QuickTime or if it will run properly
without itunes, please let me know. My other question is whether it is
possible to have all the mentioned programs running with itunes without any
problems?

Standalone QuickTime Player
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/standalone.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Lori wrote:
> I want to download QuickTime but when I go to the site it seems that I have
> to download itunes as well now. I thought there used to be an option to
> load just QuickTime? I have Nero installed as well as a multimedia keyboard
> and everything works. I don't want any trouble with itumes taking over my
> system and messing up my CD/DVD burning.
>
> If anyone knows how I could load just QuickTime or if it will run properly
> without itunes, please let me know. My other question is whether it is
> possible to have all the mentioned programs running with itunes without any
> problems?

If you want something a little lighter than QuickTime you could try
QuickTime Alternative.
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm