answer

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2002

Hi,
I have Pentium 4 2.4GHz, 256 MB RAM, and Windows XP SP2 with new updates.

3 days ago I formated hdd because mu computer occasionally freezed, even
then I had Win XP SP2 + updates, and now I do all that from the beginning
and it 's the same problem (FREEZE) and I must restart again.

What is the problem, can I fix that,
Thanks

Hi

Any error messages at all when the PC freezes? Are you using any particular
program when the PC freezes or is it a random freezing? Have a look in the
Event Viewer for any 'Errors', and if found could you please post the Event
ID and Source?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"ANSWER" <info@oracle.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have Pentium 4 2.4GHz, 256 MB RAM, and Windows XP SP2 with new updates.
>
> 3 days ago I formated hdd because mu computer occasionally freezed, even
> then I had Win XP SP2 + updates, and now I do all that from the beginning
> and it 's the same problem (FREEZE) and I must restart again.
>
> What is the problem, can I fix that,
> Thanks

"ANSWER" <info@oracle.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have Pentium 4 2.4GHz, 256 MB RAM, and Windows XP SP2 with new updates.
>
> 3 days ago I formated hdd because mu computer occasionally freezed, even
> then I had Win XP SP2 + updates, and now I do all that from the beginning
> and it 's the same problem (FREEZE) and I must restart again.
>
> What is the problem, can I fix that,
> Thanks

In addition to the other post check if your computer is overheating. Most
machines seem to have temperature monitoring in the BIOS, there may be
monitoring utilities on your motherboard CD. Try opening the case so it runs
cooler.
Then you may need to check the BIOS settings making some a little more
conservative.