Status
Not open for further replies.

SeeJ

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
Hello, I'm thinking about buying this pc

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5376870&Sku=I455-90800

I'm on a budget and recently bought a 42inch Hdtv. I've been looking into how to use my tv as a PC monitor. From what i understand this PC and my Computer support Dvi. Which is great, but I was told that Dvi does not carry audio signals. You would need HDMI for that(which my TV supports, but This PC Does not)

So I'm wondering if I'm able to use RCA cords(red, white, yellow)To carry the audio from my PC To my TV, Along with the Dvi cord.

If not then I'd appreciate any alternate solutions.

I also had no idea where to put this question. So if i need to move it or if no one can help me that's fine. Just let me know.

Solution
The PC you linked has a S/PDIF connector for digital audio output. Does your TV have S/PDIF input?

Speaker setup is as easy as it sounds. Select the speakers as your default audio output.

Your graphics card doesnt match the quality of your other parts. You can get a HD 4670 1GB video card for about $80.
Here is a HD 4670 1GB with HDMI for $CAD 83 SAPPHIRE HDMI Radeon HD 4670 1GB Do you need a Core i7 860 CPU for Dawn of war 2, Left 4 dead 2?

With a $300 CPU and a $80 video card I think you can see the imbalance.
A Core i5 750 $210 CPU and a $170 SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5770 1GB HDMI is a much better balance for gaming.
It's very unlikely you'll have RCA output on the new PC.
Since your TV supports HDMI all you really need is a HDMI version video card installed in the PC.

Are you buying a gaming PC? the Core i7 860 CPU and ATI HD 4670 video card seem a performance mis-match to me.

SeeJ

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010

Yes I'm looking for a Gaming PC. So outside of getting an HDMI there is really nothing that will work ?

From what I understand the graphics card in this PC is not the best, but it's still a good card. I'm mostly interested in games like dawn of war 2, Left 4 dead 2 and such.

The speaker option I would be up for. But I have no idea how I would do that. Could someone go into detail ?

The PC you linked has a S/PDIF connector for digital audio output. Does your TV have S/PDIF input?

Speaker setup is as easy as it sounds. Select the speakers as your default audio output.

Your graphics card doesnt match the quality of your other parts. You can get a HD 4670 1GB video card for about $80.
Here is a HD 4670 1GB with HDMI for $CAD 83 SAPPHIRE HDMI Radeon HD 4670 1GB Do you need a Core i7 860 CPU for Dawn of war 2, Left 4 dead 2?

With a $300 CPU and a $80 video card I think you can see the imbalance.
A Core i5 750 $210 CPU and a $170 SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5770 1GB HDMI is a much better balance for gaming.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.