I am able to open the shared documents folder (XP Home) but cannot add
anything to it. When I try I get the message: Access is denied make sure the
disk is not write protected and that the file is not currently in use. The
folder contains the usual sub folders and sample photos. I have tried sharing
the folder via its properties but this has not helped.

Any help would be much appreciated

Share the folder. See Level 4 & Level 5 permissions here:

How to configure file sharing in Windows XP:

Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"avdave" <avdave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am able to open the shared documents folder (XP Home) but cannot add
> anything to it. When I try I get the message: Access is denied make sure
> the
> disk is not write protected and that the file is not currently in use. The
> folder contains the usual sub folders and sample photos. I have tried
> sharing
> the folder via its properties but this has not helped.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks Ramesh

That worked once I changed it to level 5.
I'd previously tried sharing it but only at level 4 which didn't work.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Share the folder. See Level 4 & Level 5 permissions here:
>
> How to configure file sharing in Windows XP:

> Ramesh, MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> Windows XP Troubleshooting
> http://www.winhelponline.com
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>
> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>

> "avdave" <avdave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am able to open the shared documents folder (XP Home) but cannot add
> > anything to it. When I try I get the message: Access is denied make sure
> > the
> > disk is not write protected and that the file is not currently in use. The
> > folder contains the usual sub folders and sample photos. I have tried
> > sharing
> > the folder via its properties but this has not helped.
> >
> > Any help would be much appreciated

You're welcome avdave.

--

> Thanks Ramesh
>
> That worked once I changed it to level 5.
> I'd previously tried sharing it but only at level 4 which didn't work.
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Share the folder. See Level 4 & Level 5 permissions here:
>>
>> How to configure file sharing in Windows XP:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304040
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, MS-MVP
>> Windows Shell/User