Cannot Access Internet

Hello
I have this problem. I cannot access Internet. I'm trying with an ADSL
connection and with a cable connection trough a LAN with a router. I can ping
the router and access other computers in the LAN, but no internet. I have
already reinstalled windows, but no success. What can I do to solve this???
PS: I don't have any firewall intalled
5 answers Last reply
More about cannot access internet

    Is Gateway address point at router?

    Nuno Cabral wrote:

    > Hello
    > I have this problem. I cannot access Internet. I'm trying with an ADSL
    > connection and with a cable connection trough a LAN with a router. I can ping
    > the router and access other computers in the LAN, but no internet. I have
    > already reinstalled windows, but no success. What can I do to solve this???
    > PS: I don't have any firewall intalled

    Yes. My router as DHCP enabled, but if I put the adress at the gateway I
    still cannot access.
    Thanks Bob

    Nuno Cabral wrote:
    > Hello
    > I have this problem. I cannot access Internet. I'm trying with an ADSL
    > connection and with a cable connection trough a LAN with a router. I can ping
    > the router and access other computers in the LAN, but no internet. I have
    > already reinstalled windows, but no success. What can I do to solve this???
    > PS: I don't have any firewall intalled

    What DSL modem do you use? Some DSL modems has a built in router.
    which means the modem has to be in bridged mode to usa an external router.

    Jerry

    Hi Jerry

    Now th PC it's connected to a LAN with another 4 PC's. They are connected to
    a router and the router it's connected to a cable modem. All the other PC's
    work fine.
    Thanks

    "jwill" wrote:

    > Nuno Cabral wrote:
    > > Hello
    > > I have this problem. I cannot access Internet. I'm trying with an ADSL
    > > connection and with a cable connection trough a LAN with a router. I can ping
    > > the router and access other computers in the LAN, but no internet. I have
    > > already reinstalled windows, but no success. What can I do to solve this???
    > > PS: I don't have any firewall intalled
    >
    > What DSL modem do you use? Some DSL modems has a built in router.
    > which means the modem has to be in bridged mode to usa an external router.
    >
    > Jerry

    Ok, the router has DHCP enabled. That allows the ISP to give the router
    an IP address. The PC's Gateway should be the routers LAN address. I
    suggest you set the PC up in the same manner as the other PC's that can
    reach the internet and try again. Also open command line prompt and run
    ipconfig /all to see the addresses that are assigned on a working PC and
    also the problem one.

    Nuno Cabral wrote:

    > Yes. My router as DHCP enabled, but if I put the adress at the gateway I
    > still cannot access.
    > Thanks Bob
    >
    > "Bob I" wrote:
    >

    >>Is Gateway address point at router?
    >>
    >>Nuno Cabral wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hello
    >>>I have this problem. I cannot access Internet. I'm trying with an ADSL
    >>>connection and with a cable connection trough a LAN with a router. I can ping
    >>>the router and access other computers in the LAN, but no internet. I have
    >>>already reinstalled windows, but no success. What can I do to solve this???
    >>>PS: I don't have any firewall intalled

Routers Connection Internet Windows XP