Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Cannot Access Internet

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 12:13:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hello
I have this problem. I cannot access Internet. I'm trying with an ADSL
connection and with a cable connection trough a LAN with a router. I can ping
the router and access other computers in the LAN, but no internet. I have
already reinstalled windows, but no success. What can I do to solve this???
PS: I don't have any firewall intalled

More about : access internet

Anonymous
July 8, 2005 2:20:47 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Is Gateway address point at router?

Nuno Cabral wrote:

> Hello
> I have this problem. I cannot access Internet. I'm trying with an ADSL
> connection and with a cable connection trough a LAN with a router. I can ping
> the router and access other computers in the LAN, but no internet. I have
> already reinstalled windows, but no success. What can I do to solve this???
> PS: I don't have any firewall intalled
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 2:20:48 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Yes. My router as DHCP enabled, but if I put the adress at the gateway I
still cannot access.
Thanks Bob

"Bob I" wrote:

> Is Gateway address point at router?
>
> Nuno Cabral wrote:
>
> > Hello
> > I have this problem. I cannot access Internet. I'm trying with an ADSL
> > connection and with a cable connection trough a LAN with a router. I can ping
> > the router and access other computers in the LAN, but no internet. I have
> > already reinstalled windows, but no success. What can I do to solve this???
> > PS: I don't have any firewall intalled
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 2:28:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Nuno Cabral wrote:
> Hello
> I have this problem. I cannot access Internet. I'm trying with an ADSL
> connection and with a cable connection trough a LAN with a router. I can ping
> the router and access other computers in the LAN, but no internet. I have
> already reinstalled windows, but no success. What can I do to solve this???
> PS: I don't have any firewall intalled

What DSL modem do you use? Some DSL modems has a built in router.
which means the modem has to be in bridged mode to usa an external router.

Jerry
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 2:28:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi Jerry

Now th PC it's connected to a LAN with another 4 PC's. They are connected to
a router and the router it's connected to a cable modem. All the other PC's
work fine.
Thanks

"jwill" wrote:

> Nuno Cabral wrote:
> > Hello
> > I have this problem. I cannot access Internet. I'm trying with an ADSL
> > connection and with a cable connection trough a LAN with a router. I can ping
> > the router and access other computers in the LAN, but no internet. I have
> > already reinstalled windows, but no success. What can I do to solve this???
> > PS: I don't have any firewall intalled
>
> What DSL modem do you use? Some DSL modems has a built in router.
> which means the modem has to be in bridged mode to usa an external router.
>
> Jerry
>
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 3:40:53 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Ok, the router has DHCP enabled. That allows the ISP to give the router
an IP address. The PC's Gateway should be the routers LAN address. I
suggest you set the PC up in the same manner as the other PC's that can
reach the internet and try again. Also open command line prompt and run
ipconfig /all to see the addresses that are assigned on a working PC and
also the problem one.

Nuno Cabral wrote:

> Yes. My router as DHCP enabled, but if I put the adress at the gateway I
> still cannot access.
> Thanks Bob
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>
>
>>Is Gateway address point at router?
>>
>>Nuno Cabral wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Hello
>>>I have this problem. I cannot access Internet. I'm trying with an ADSL
>>>connection and with a cable connection trough a LAN with a router. I can ping
>>>the router and access other computers in the LAN, but no internet. I have
>>>already reinstalled windows, but no success. What can I do to solve this???
>>>PS: I don't have any firewall intalled
>>
>>
!