Setting up multiplayer games behind firewalls and routers

Does anyone know of any good references online or books that explain how to
set up multiplayer Games behind firewalls and routers online and/or local
network????
I am having problems getting mulitplayer games to work on a local network or
over the internet...
More about setting multiplayer games firewalls routers

    raptor_118 wrote:
    > Does anyone know of any good references online or books that explain how to
    > set up multiplayer Games behind firewalls and routers online and/or local
    > network????
    > I am having problems getting mulitplayer games to work on a local network or
    > over the internet...

    Varies with different firewalls, including those built into routers, and
    different games. You will need documentation from each individual
    manufacturer and or publisher.

    Hi Raptor,

    Here's a couple of links to online documents that will help you:
    http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ports.html
    http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/howto.html

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "raptor_118" <raptor118@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F63EE08-EB64-49FE-887A-6B31883CAC58@microsoft.com...
    | Does anyone know of any good references online or books that explain how to
    | set up multiplayer Games behind firewalls and routers online and/or local
    | network????
    | I am having problems getting mulitplayer games to work on a local network or
    | over the internet...
    | --

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    Reply to message from "raptor_118" <raptor118@discussions.microsoft.com>
    (Sun, 05 Jun 2005 07:50:02) about "Setting up multiplayer games behind
    firewalls and routers":

    Varies from game to game. Different games use different ports.

    r> Does anyone know of any good references online or books that explain
    r> how to set up multiplayer Games behind firewalls and routers online
    r> and/or local network????
    r> I am having problems getting mulitplayer games to work on a local
    r> network or over the internet...
    r> --

    Bye
    Dirk Pfeiffer <dirk@dbx501.de> Sun, 05 Jun 2005 14:06:44 +0200

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    There's also www.portforward.com

    Jayso

    Good in Home Networking, XP Home based problems, and Pro based Problems
    Add my email to MSN Messenger if u wish
    jayso_chinnery@spamfreehotmail.com.au (remove spamfree)

    "raptor_118" <raptor118@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know of any good references online or books that explain how
    > set up multiplayer Games behind firewalls and routers online and/or local
    > network????
    > I am having problems getting mulitplayer games to work on a local network
    > or
    > over the internet...

Routers Firewalls Multiplayer Games Video Games