Setting up multiplayer games behind firewalls and routers

Does anyone know of any good references online or books that explain how to
set up multiplayer Games behind firewalls and routers online and/or local
network????
I am having problems getting mulitplayer games to work on a local network or
over the internet...

raptor_118 wrote:
> Does anyone know of any good references online or books that explain how to
> set up multiplayer Games behind firewalls and routers online and/or local
> network????
> I am having problems getting mulitplayer games to work on a local network or
> over the internet...

Varies with different firewalls, including those built into routers, and
different games. You will need documentation from each individual
manufacturer and or publisher.

Hi Raptor,

Here's a couple of links to online documents that will help you:
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ports.html
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/howto.html

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"raptor_118" <raptor118@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F63EE08-EB64-49FE-887A-6B31883CAC58@microsoft.com...
| Does anyone know of any good references online or books that explain how to
| set up multiplayer Games behind firewalls and routers online and/or local
| network????
| I am having problems getting mulitplayer games to work on a local network or
| over the internet...
| --

Reply to message from "raptor_118" <raptor118@discussions.microsoft.com>
(Sun, 05 Jun 2005 07:50:02) about "Setting up multiplayer games behind
firewalls and routers":

Varies from game to game. Different games use different ports.

r> Does anyone know of any good references online or books that explain
r> how to set up multiplayer Games behind firewalls and routers online
r> and/or local network????
r> I am having problems getting mulitplayer games to work on a local
r> network or over the internet...
r> --

Bye
Dirk Pfeiffer <dirk@dbx501.de> Sun, 05 Jun 2005 14:06:44 +0200

There's also www.portforward.com

Jayso

Good in Home Networking, XP Home based problems, and Pro based Problems
Add my email to MSN Messenger if u wish
jayso_chinnery@spamfreehotmail.com.au (remove spamfree)